MSELECT is looking to hire an ESP Specialist for an international oil and gas operator in Basrah. Candidates must have a minimum of 12 years of experience in petroleum industry, in which at least 8 years in ESP technology. English fluency is a must.
Act as the focal point for all ESP activities from the office but also at the rig site overseeing the ESP activities being run or pulled out. Ensure that all ESP activities are planned, scheduled and executed to achieve the agreed requirements in a safe and efficient manner. Demonstrate technical leadership within the ESP team. Monitor and quality check (QC) the overall ESP well performance optimization process to enhance production and increase ESP run life. Manage and communicate with vendors involved during Installation operation.
- Identifies high risk situations, documents them, and adopts risk mitigation approach.
- Troubleshoot ESP performance, in liaison with field personnel, recommend remedial actions and follow up on actions taken.
- Periodically QC and audit the ESP optimization process from data gathering through record-keeping (including the ESP Optimization Tracker spreadsheet and Data Source NR and SR spreadsheets.
- Lead the Optimization Meetings, validate all optimization recommendations and follow up on post optimization monitoring.
- Use of software Prosper, Pipesim or other software, to audit ESP models created by the ESP engineer to ensure consistent, valid models are created and find opportunities for optimization.
- Prepare the Weekly ESP Summary Report, Weekly ESP Dashboard, Monthly ESP Dashboard and Weekly BM meeting slides in a timely manner and professional format
- Manage and complete various Subsurface ESP team projects assigned
- Facilitate and lead Preliminary ESP Failure Assessment (PEFA) drafting of reports, meetings and presentations. Ensure PEFA activities are carried out effectively and on time
- Identify and implement initiatives and technologies to improve ESP run life.
- Develop the capabilities of local national staff through formal and informal training / mentoring
- Review and validate ESP start up, commissioning recommendations and commissioning follow up.
- Daily review on the status of ESP wells and alert Well Services and Production Operations for wells offline and wells that require troubleshooting.
- Advise on all aspects of ESP engineering, applications and equipment to ensure delivery of safe and environmentally sound solutions, on time and within budget
- Monitor and trouble shoot ESP performance and maintain historical records
- Trouble shoot failures in surface equipment related to artificial lift application: VSD, soft starter, step up transformer.
Health, Security, Safety and Environment
- Demonstrate safety leadership and strongly advocate Health Safety and Environment (HSE) policies and guidelines. Ensure clear description and communication of subsurface risks during well operations.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant HSSE management policies, procedures and controls within own area, monitoring, reviewing and evaluating on a continuous basis, and a responsible environmental attitude.
- Leading by example and develop a strong safety-first culture within the own and (sub)contractor workforce
People & Contractor Management
- Manage the activities and work performed by Contractors and Suppliers and ensure that it is carried out in an efficient and effective manner. Build good relationships with key stakeholders.
- Recommend training and development for team members to build their capabilities.
- Contribute to knowledge dissemination/sharing in a way that assists with building internal capabilities of employees.
- Develop overview of contractor’s strength and weaknesses and intervene as and when required exercising contractual rights.
- Contribute to CSR strategy execution.
Policies, Systems, Processes and Procedures
- Ensure compliance with corporate requirements on adherence to policies, procedures and instructions within own area related to all relevant regulatory directives to promote a safe and risk-free environment.
- Improvement of systems, processes and practices.
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Internal Subsurface team
- Drilling and Well Services Teams
- Operations and Maintenance Team
- Projects and Facilities Teams
- Asset Management Team, HSSE, Contracts & Procurement
- Basra Oil Company and Partners
- Vendors & Service providers
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- BSc Degree or equivalent in Petroleum or Chemical engineering.
- Master’s degree is preferred.
- Fluent in English, written and oral is essential.
- At least 12 years’ experience in petroleum industry in which at least 8 years in ESP technology (with major operator is preferred).
- Proven experience in promoting and managing a strong HSSE culture for all Petroleum Engineering works performed in oil fields.
- Ability to use industry software (PROPSER, PIPESIM) for design and modelling of ESP performance
- Work experience in the MENA Region, preferred
- Demonstrated experience in VSD equipment
- Familiar with ESP system in the market.
- Must have the ability to make decisions regarding operational situations.
- The ability to respond and make decisions in emergency situations
- A proven team player capable of working in a multi-discipline team environment with a desire to share knowledge and train staff
- Maintain clear and professional communications with all team members
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Ability in managing, training, and mentoring of junior staff.
- Surveillance Section Head, Subsurface Manager
- Surveillance Section