MSELECT is looking to hire an ESP Troubleshooting Engineer for an international oil & gas operator in Basrah. Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in hydrocarbon operations, particularly with Artificial Lift (ESP) systems. English and Arabic fluency is a must.
Reporting directly to the ESP Operations Advisor, ESP Troubleshooting Engineer is the key interface between the Operations team and the BOC Troubleshooting and Maintenance Team.
The ESP Troubleshooting Engineer will be responsible for managing safe, compliant and reliable operations activities and providing a clear direction with regards to priorities for the ESP Maintenance team and Troubleshooting Team.
The role will be responsible for ensuring ESP operations are efficiently delivered and optimised for the field requirements. A strong working relationship with the BOC Production, Maintenance and ESP Operations teams is essential.
As a member of the operations team the ESP Troubleshooting Engineer has a key role in ensuring compliance against all areas of Process Safety and Operating Discipline
- Support and advice on all aspects of ESPs to ensure delivery of safe and environmentally sound ESP operations solutions on time and within budget
- Create and maintain commissioning programmes to incorporate best international practices
- Review and input to handover procedures and support handover of ESPs from Projects and Wells to Operations
- Ensure Lessons Learned are reviewed and implemented
- Assist in surface and downhole equipment failure analysis
- Monitor and coach staff & contractors in an international safety culture and expectations.
- Support department managers in developing the ESP operations organisations
- Achieving best-in-class performance through the application of performance management practices and driving supplier performance
- Ensure appropriate reporting is in place
- Assurance of the technical integrity of the operations and compliance with in-country law, corporate policy, international standards and guidelines
- The identification and application of value enhancing, innovative new processes and technologies
- BSc degree on Electrical, Mechanical or Petroleum engineering is desirable
- +5 years’ of experience in hydrocarbon operations, particularly with Artificial Lift (ESP) systems, preferably in a culturally diverse working environment.
- English language proficiency required
- Experience working internationally, remote location in a multicultural environment is preferred
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.