responsible for the financial health of the company.
Main Tasks / Responsibilities:
- Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company
- Oversee financial department employees, across multiple offices
- Contract outside services for tax preparation, auditing, banking, investments, and other financial needs as necessary
- Track the company’s financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement
- Seek out methods for minimizing financial risk to the company
- Research and analyse financial reports and market trends
- Provide insightful information and expectations to management to aid in long-term and short-term decision making
- Review financial data and prepare monthly and annual reports
- Present financial reports to board members and clients in formal meetings
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company
- Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation
- Drive the continuous improvement of end-to-end accounting practices
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Managing an end-to-end audit process of current systems – while acting as the first point of contact for external auditors.
- Dealing with working capital management and production of cash flow forecasts
- Advance planning of monthly and year-end filing such as Corporate Tax, Personal Income Tax, and Social Security
- Overseeing accurate document management.
- Managing and controlling access of ERP system related issues in terms of access, security, and closing periods.
Required Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Advanced degree in Finance or Accounting is mandatory
- Master’s degree, CMA or any other professional certificate is a plus
- Experience of minimum 5 years in the same role
- Expert knowledge in accounting standards and a thorough knowledge of IFRS
- Advanced Excel with superior mathematical skills
- Proficient user of financial ERP systems, preferably in SAP
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Proven large team management
- A solid understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles/standards
- Working knowledge of all statutory legislation and regulations applied in Iraq
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workloads.
- Understanding of Data Privacy standards.
- Deep understanding of business principles and practices.
- Superior attention to detail and high level of written communication.
- Competitive salary with performance and business added incentives.
Only matching candidates will be contacted. Testing of the above is required before a formal interview.