MSELECT is looking to hire a Gas System Superintendent for an international oil and gas operator in Duhok. Candidates must have a minimum of 10 years of practical experience in Gas Production and Processing with a good knowledge of the Maintenance and Inspection activities. Kurdish and English fluency is a must.
- Manages, supervises and coordinates the Gas Plant, Gas Compression Station and Gas Injection Operations (Processing, Maintenance and Logistics) in accordance with Company’s policies and objectives.
- Promotes the image of the Company on the occasion of VIP’s visits and develops good and fruitful relationships with local authorities and communities.
Health, Safety and Environment
- Ensures that the Production, Maintenance and Logistics activities are conducted in compliance with the applicable HSE procedures/standards, including the Permit to Work system and Asset Integrity Management System.
- Acts as the permanent Company representative and is fully responsible for all decisions affecting the Health, Safety and Security of all personnel on site. He has authority to stop operations, constructions, or any other activity that may jeopardize the safety or security of the personnel and installations/assets.
- Near Miss and Incident reporting.
- Act as Operation Lead in Incident Management Team (IMT) as per Emergency Response Plan
- Directs and supervises the operations in an efficient and safe manner in order to maintain the daily gas injection targets.
- Initiates troubleshooting of all various arising problems related to Gas processing, maintenance, gas export, gas injection and arbitrates as necessary between different departments/ suppliers to pursue efficient operations.
- Promotes accurate reporting and feedback, good use of the EPICOR Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, involves and motivates all personnel on reporting Anomalies and get them resolved in specified time.
- Ensures site coordination with CPF and facilities.
- Responsible for the implementation, enforcement, development and updating of all the Safety and Operating Procedures.
- Discusses and sets-up the annual objectives with his subordinates, monitors their performances on a regular basis. Performs the personnel periodic appraisals setting-up new objectives.
- Proposes, promotes and follows-up the required actions for personnel training.
- Ensures optimum use of all available resources/facilities and means to promote and maximize environmental protection, to minimize the consequences linked to any possible incident or accident as per Company guidelines.
- Provides necessary input to the functional services for the elaboration of the annual budget.
- Ensures the readiness and implementation of the site Emergency Procedures.
- Ensures that security measures are enforced and controls personally the integrity of the security systems.
- Gets actively involved and acts as Company Representative in the Construction and Commissioning activities.
- May be involved in socio-eco activities upon management request.
- To guarantee a high Health, Safety and Environment standard of the personnel according to Company’s procedures and guidelines.
- To ensure and maintain a high level of safety and reliability of the Gas processing facilities and Gas injection wells operations in order to optimize financial incomes and results.
- To promote a good image of the Company by maintaining high team spirit among site personnel and good relationship with local authorities and communities.
- To ensure the implementation of the onsite training and the development of the personnel.
- To ensure that the Housekeeping of all the sites for which responsible and meets Company standards.
- To promote “Deliverability Consciousness” on site.
- Ideally BSc or MSc Degree or at least 20-25 years “hands on” experience in the Oil & Gas industry.
- Minimum of 10 years practical experience in Gas Production and Processing with a good knowledge of the Maintenance and Inspection activities.
- Good ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Fluent spoken and written English.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process