MSELECT is hiring a Head of Health and Quality Assurance Veterinary for an agriculture client in Duhok. Candidates must have a minimum of 3 - 5 years of relevant experience and be fluent in English and Kurdish.
Type of position
Managerial and Technical supervision of the Quality Assurance (QA) and Health department, areas comprising Farms, Feed Mill, Hatchery, Egg store and Laboratory. Ensure that all laboratory protocols, QA protocols and Bio security protocols are met as per guidelines of the government. Finished products are packed and sold as per the labelling requirements of the government.
Ensuring that all daily reports are checked, analyzed, reported, and documented for all parameters of Farms, Feed mill, Hatchery and Laboratory.
OVERALL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Health Coverage of the birds of all age groups with best prophylactic and therapeutic measures.
- Responsible for the biosecurity of different areas listed below:
- Entry and Exit of staff, visitors, and vehicles.
- Feed mill
- Egg Storage
Biosecurity consists of
- Vehicle movement.
- Manpower movement.
- Pest, wild bird, and rodent control.
- Mortality disposal and manure management.
- Building strong vaccination programs for the flocks of all age groups as per the diseases which are prevalent and endemic in the area.
- Fix and monitor the schedule of vaccination and check the immunological status of the flock, prior and post vaccination.
- Assisting procurement team in sourcing, planning and procurement of chemical disinfectants, medicines, vitamins, feed additives, toxin binders, and vaccines.
- Conducting the post-mortem examination of dead and sick birds for diagnosis with assistance of his team members.
- Supervise the water quality starting from water stations, reservoirs at farms, water lines connecting individual farms and houses, ensure that quality supplied fit for the consumption by birds of all age groups.
- Ensure that best quality feed is produced by way of putting frequency of qualitative and quantitative sampling methods for feed ingredients, additives, and finished feed.
- As a head of QA and Health, participate in strategic planning for expansion and diversification as and when invited.
- Conduct periodical system reviews of the practices of QA and Health department and update quality parameters as applicable for project.
- Sound knowledge of protocols of Feed analytical lab, Serology lab and Food microbiology.
RESPONSIBLE FOR SUBMISSION OF REPORTS
- Daily reports of Farms.
- Corrective action report – daily.
- Post-mortem reports – daily.
- Analysis reports for Mycotoxins for the feed ingredients.
- Analysis reports for Mycotoxins for the feed.
- Proximate analysis of Feed.
- Immunological status reports.
- Water analysis reports.
- Sanitation and hygiene reports
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process