The objective of the position is to organize and manage Company’s Tenders and Contracts Section in order to execute and complete tenders, purchase orders, and contracts in compliance with procurement procedure the corporate plans for procurement of goods, materials, and services to support operational needs of the Company.
Main functions and responsibilities of the Tenders and Contracts Section (Business Unit) Head are to:
- Improve the structure of the Tenders and Contracts Section and ensure the properly qualified staffing at all times;
- Be responsible for the overall management and reporting of the Tenders and Contracts Section and the outcome procurement activities for timely and efficient delivery of materials, goods, and services;
- Manage low value and high value procurement activities;
- Develop and maintain various supply chain plans and strategies including procurement and tender plans, and schedule procurement to align with execution of projects.
- Segment different goods and services, suppliers, and procurement channels to determine timely and efficient procurement of goods and services;
- Ensure compliance to the internal normative documents within the assigned competence, including the procurement policy and procedure;
- Organize meetings and interact with employees of other business units (end users and technical departments) of the Company with respect to procurement needs and timely arrival of goods and services; research and seek out the most cost-efficient shipment procedures and methods.
- Request other Business Units of the Company to provide information necessary for performance of tasks including plans and requirements for material and services;
- Maintain clear and consistent communication with suppliers, vendors, and shipping contacts throughout the procurement lifecycle;
- Interact with external Suppliers and/or Contractors as necessary to execute the scope of work of the Business Unit;
- Manage and supervise the availability of Suppliers and Contractors, already registered in Company’s Approved List, for participation in Company’s upcoming procurement;
- Organize the Industrial Market Research actions of the Business Unit in order to enhance Company’s Approved List of Suppliers / Contractors;
- Manage Company’s Pre-Qualification Process, including Evaluation of Applicants and potential clarifications for approval by the Tender Committee;
- Following Company’s decision and approval to proceed with procurement, appoint the Procurement Expert (Buyer), to manage the relevant procurement procedure;
- Be overall responsible for the management of the purchases and tendering processes and contract awards/purchase orders led by the Tenders and Contracts Section in compliance with the Internal Normative documents of the Company;
- Organize and support the Tender Committee activities in compliance with the procurement procedure and other internal normative documents of the Company within the assigned business area, including but not limited to:
- Preparation of the draft work schedule of the Tender Committee with due consideration of the approved plan for procurement of goods, works and services for the Company’s needs; ensuring agreement of the work schedule with the engaged Business Units and the Chairman of the Tender Committee;
- Organize record keeping and submission of reports of the Tenders and Contracts Section’s activities, planned and ongoing Tenders and Contracts to the upper management;
- Ensure compliance with the requirements of the local procurement legislation as well highest standard of business ethics, transparency, honesty and confidentiality by the subordinate employees. Evaluate employee performance and goal achievement within the Tenders and Contracts Section;
- Raise to the First Deputy – Financial Director, for consideration of the Company's management, suggestions for improving the Company’s procurement and supply chain management activity;
- Strong knowledge of the requirements of the applicable local legislation of the Kurdistan Region and the Republic of Iraq regulating procurement, tendering and awarding of contracts;
- Exceptional ability to conceptualize large- picture projects and foresee challenges and needs to be addressed during procurement.
- Practical experience working with end users to understand their needs and interacting on a regular basis with end users.
- Practical experience in organization and management of international and domestic procurement, best international practices in procurement, shipping, storage and accounting of material assets, preferably in the oil and gas companies;
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced, changing environment with strong analytical skills;
- Strong organizational and interdisciplinary
- Minimum 10 years of business experience in similar positions;
- Particular Iraq and Middle East and North Africa experience is a plus;
- Previously managed minimum of 5 staff in procurement or supply chain department.
- Experience and strong skills in holding negotiations and interaction with Vendors and Suppliers.
- Experience in contract preparation, negotiations and award. Experience with commercial negotiations and properly reflecting the results in contracts
- Experience performing industrial market research in MENA region, determining the best vendors to reach out to for various projects related to procurement of goods and services.
- Report writing experience to present information to senior management on tender status, purchase order status, contract summaries, approved vendor lists, etc