MSELECT is hiring a Head of the Temporary Headquarters for the period of construction for an international oil and gas service client in Erbil. Candidate must have a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience and be fluent in English and Kurdish.
Capital construction, repair and reconstruction of the Pipeline System facilities
Operational management of the Project participants’ activities related to capital construction, capital repair, reconstruction and commissioning of the Pipeline System facilities in compliance with the approved Project work scope, schedule, quality and budget.
The Head of Temporary Headquarters for the period of construction is appointed and dismissed by the decision of the Branch Head – Operating Director in agreement with the Director for Capital Construction and Chief Engineer.
The Head of Temporary Headquarters for the period of construction administratively is subordinate to the Director for Capital Construction and functionally reports to the Deputy of Director for Capital Construction.
The Head of Temporary Headquarters for the period of construction provides operating management of the Temporary Headquarters for the period of construction and performs the following functions:
- Formation and ensuring proper staffing of the Temporary Headquarters for the period of construction depending on the scope of works and taking into consideration the stages and specifics particular Project for construction, repair or reconstruction of the Pipeline System facilities;
- Revision and agreeing of the calendar schedules for services provision, method statements, work breakdown schedules, resource plans (personnel, equipment, materials) developed by contractors on the basis of the overall Project execution Plan approved by the Company;
- Organization of construction and control over contractor’s activities at site;
- Organization and control of quality of construction, installation and commissioning works carried out by construction contractors, with the involvement of the Quality Control Service for construction, Expert Review Section of the Company and/or the contractor for the provision of construction supervision;
- Management of the contractor’s activities in relation to arrangement of equipment, permanent or temporary offices and auxiliary and service facilities, in accordance with the Project Execution Plan approved by the Company;
- Monitoring compliance of construction contractors with requirements of the local normative documentation of the Company, applicable legislation of the Iraqi Kurdistan and the Republic of Iraq pertaining to the Labor Protection, Industrial, Fire Safety and Environmental Safety;
- Supervision of use by contractors of design and technical documentation approved for implementation by the Company;
- Ensuring completeness of contractors’ technical documentation, including progress logs, completed work reports, works and equipment delivery-acceptance reports, personnel induction logs, etc.
- Management of contractors’ activities related to provision of services for design supervision and construction control of quality of works and materials;
- Organization and holding of working meetings with project participants in order to determine the progress status and to take management and corrective decisions within the competence of the Headquarters;
- Consolidation of the contractors reporting data for performance of works and services and preparation of a project status consolidated report for the Company’s
- Control over execution of Company’s decisions by the project participants, including design, construction, installation, commissioning and other works, which are necessary to achieve the project objectives;
- Coordination of contractors’ activities related to provision of services for construction supervision of materials, structures, and assembly’s quality;
- Control over contractors’ activities related to provision of services for factory inspection of manufacture, testing and acceptance of equipment, incoming quality control of equipment;
- Control over preparation and keeping by contractors of the as-built documentation, based on the results of completed hidden works;
- Preparation of supporting materials and calculations for taking management and corrective decisions by the Company’s Management;
- Organization of claiming activities with contractors for performance of works and provision of services in relation to compliance of the works schedules and quality requirements;
- Participation in the work of technical commissions and development of technical solutions;
- Organization and management of contractors’ activities when conducting inspections by the State technical and environmental authorities of the Kurdistan Region and the Republic of Iraq;
- Preparation of documentation, organization and supervision of contractors’ activities, which are necessary for holding working and acceptance commissions for acceptance of completed capital construction, capital repairs and reconstruction works at the Pipeline System facilities;
- Management of works of construction contractors in order to eliminate deficiencies in the quality of work based on the commissions’ comments;
- Acceptance and closeout of the work scopes completed by Contractors;
- Control of documentation for obtaining permissions to put into commercial operation the Oil pipeline system facilities by construction, capital construction or reconstruction;
- Preparation of proposals and control over implementation of the approved cost saving actions through the effective use of capital investments and rational organization of activities of the Section and contractors;
- Upon instructions from the Company management participation in the work of the Tender Committee within the assigned competence and business area;
- Interaction with construction contractors, design contractors, technical and author supervision, and other contractors within the assigned competence;
- Participation in the expert review of the Terms of Reference, design and manufacturer documentation, vendor proposals, internal normative documents of the Company within the assigned business area;
- Provision of the initial data on the unfinished construction facilities to the Accounting Office and Inventory Taking Commission for conducting inventory taking;
- Organization of participation of the representatives from the Temporary Headquarters for the period of construction in inventory taking of the unfinished construction facilities;
- Evaluation of performance of the subordinate employees;
- Interaction with the State and local authorities of the Kurdistan Region and the Republic of Iraq within the assigned competence;
- Interaction with the HR Management Division on the organization of training and qualification upgrade of the subordinate employees for continuous improvement of the production efficiency and safety;
- Interaction with the HR Department and Directorate Business Units to update the job descriptions, selection of candidates and nomination for new positions;
- Control over the compliance by the subordinate personnel to the Company's internal work regulations, requirements for industrial safety, labor protection, environment, data integrity measures by the subordinate employees.
- With the Directorate for Capital Construction, Directorate for Operations and Maintenance, Director for Procurement, Director for Security, Head of HSE Department, Head of HR Management Division, Head of legal Service, Expert review Section, Tenders and Contracts Section, other Directorates and Divisions of the Company within assigned competencies;
- With the members of the Tender Committee within the scope and regulation of the Tender Committee;
- With representatives of state authorities and local self-government bodies of the Kurdistan Region and the Republic of Iraq within assigned competencies;
- With business partners, contractors and service providers within assigned competencies and scope of work under related contracts.
Regulation of Activities
- Concession Agreement;
- Applicable Legislation of the Kurdistan Region and the Republic of Iraq;
- Company Internal Normative Documents related to the assigned Business area;
- Occupational Health and Safety requirements and fire safety requirements;
- Normative, methodical and other documents pertaining to construction, capital repair and reconstruction of oil trunk pipeline facilities;
- Regulation on the Temporary Headquarters for the period of construction;
- The present Job Profile.
Other Job Requirements
- Higher professional education (construction).
- Knowledge of the international standards of industrial design, regulatory requirements in construction / practice in execution of the international Projects in capital construction and reconstruction;
- Confident knowledge of the oil transportation technology; operations and maintenance of the trunk oil pipelines and process management systems;
- Strong practical knowledge of planning, project management and implementation, quality control and completion of industrial construction projects, preferably in the area of oil trunk pipeline transportation;
- Knowledge of the principles of cost estimation for construction and assembly works and equipment;
- Strong organizational skills; Ability to address multiple tasks in a fast paced, changing environment with strong analytical and time management skills;
- Strong focus towards regulatory compliance, HSE and Operational Excellence in the context of project management and implementation of investment and construction projects;
- Knowledge of commercial and legal aspects in relation to concluding contracts on construction and reconstruction works, skills in preparation of documents for claim management.
- Kurdish – fluent
- English – good knowledge
- Min. 7 years of relevant business experience, out of which at least 3 years of experience in managing construction, capital repair and reconstruction projects, preferably in petroleum companies;
- Experience in managing plans and budgets;
- Experience in interacting with the State regulatory bodies;
- Experience in contract and claim management is beneficial.
- Proficiency in using standard office software such as MS Windows, MS Office and/or equivalent;
- Proficiency in using modern communication tools such as Internet, e-mail, mobile phone, telephone / video conferencing, instant messenger systems;
- Applied engineering, project management and construction management software (Project Manager, Primavera, AutoCAD, etc).
Degree of mobility
- Regular travel to the construction sites and operational facilities of the Company.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process