MSELECT is looking to hire a Human Resources Manager for a national organization in Erbil with a minimum of 6 years experience of NGO management experience and staff management and be fluent in English, Kurdish and Arabic.
The Human Resources Manager will be responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating the administrative HR functions of a growing organization. The successful candidate will consult with top executives on strategic planning, and serve as the link between the staff and management. The HR Manager will also ensure that the staff’s needs are met in terms of benefits, training requirements, while ensuring all staff adhere to organization’s Code of Ethics and able to perform their duties based on organization’s procedures and culture. We are looking for a compassionate, confident, dynamic and independent person who is able to oversee all of organization’s HR functions and supervise the HR Team, and ensure that all the tasks and functions are being carried out as per our internal procedures and in accordance with Kurdistan's Labor Law.
Policies and Procedures:
- Review, develop, and implement the HR policies, guidance, and procedures in compliance with organization’s internal procedures, local laws, and donor requirements.
- Recommend, develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives that align with the overall organization strategy.
- Execute management’s guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Ensure legal compliance of all HR procedures and functions.
Workforce Planning, Recruitment, Selection, Onboarding and Offboarding:
- Maintain organization’s General Staffing Plan and update as needed.
- Administer recruitment and staffing plan that includes developing and issuing vacancy announcements, auditing existing job descriptions, determining qualifications, identifying critical skill requirements, participating in evaluation panels, and processing personnel actions.
- Provide expert technical advice and guidance on complex HR issues related to position classification, staffing, recruitment, and hiring across various recruitment mechanisms.
- Support and advise supervisors in developing accurate job descriptions
- Identify current and future personnel needs, while recommending the most appropriate and cost-effective methods to recruit new staff and retain current employees.
- Help retain good talent within the organization through internal recruitments by advising managers and supervisors on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes.
- Ensure the smooth implementation of individualized onboarding plans for new staff, and offboarding processes for departing staff.
Payroll, Compensation, and Benefits:
- Oversee and ensure the accurate and timely preparation of the monthly payroll and compensation.
- Maintains and updates payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job title and department/division transfers.
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions and leave.
- Maintains a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
- Conduct salary and labor market research to define benchmarks.
- Ensure that compensation practices follow current laws and regulations.
- Oversee and track health insurance benefits for current and new staff
Performance Management and Appraisals:
- Serve as an employee and management counselor for any or all areas of performance management, employee relations, performance improvement planning and monitoring, terminations/disciplinary actions, employee awards/ recognition, compensatory time, leave and other related services.
- Support and oversee the performance appraisal requirements; assess for completeness and provide recommendations when necessary.
- Advise of the creation of work plans when necessary.
- Oversee and manage a performance appraisal system that drives high. performance;
- hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
- Recommend continuous improvements to the performance evaluation process and related tools.
Training and development:
- Assess strategies and provide recommendations for learning and development solutions to ensure organization offers a balanced portfolio of cost-effective learning opportunities tailored to meet specific career goals of our staff and development needs of our organization.
Management of the Staff and Employee Relations:
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances and/or other issues.
- Provides advice and guidance counsel to managers and supervisors regarding personnel practices, policies, and employment laws.
- Coaches and advises staff on solving problems and implementing resolutions for performance management challenges; provides guidance on corrective actions, organization policy interpretation, and other workplace human resources challenges.
- Nurture a positive working environment.
- Providing External HR references as required.
- Act as the focal point with the health insurance provider
- Degree in Administration, HR, Business Management or other related field desired; Master’s Degree, a plus.
- At least six years of NGO management experience and staff management
- Strong people and management skills; Strong leadership skills.
- Strong belief in human rights and gender equality.
- Good interpersonal, communication, and team-building skills.
- Good diplomatic and persuasion skills.
- High standard of spoken and written English, with Kurdish and/or Arabic a plus.
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to work in a demanding environment and adapt quickly to changing conditions.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process