MSELECT is looking to hire an Instrument Maintenance Engineer for an international oil & gas operator in Basrah. Candidates must have a minimum 10 years of experience in oil and gas industry. English and Arabic fluency is a must.
- Deliver and drive coaching, assessment & development in instrumentation and control, maintenance best practices and hazardous area Ex equipment maintenance.
- Ensure that appropriate preventative and corrective maintenance is carried out in accordance with manufacturers’ specifications and maintenance departments standards.
- Support maintenance teams in preventative and corrective maintenance.
- Makes recommendations for modifications to existing plant I&C equipment as required.
- Deliver and drive technician coaching, mentoring, assessment & development in instrumentation and control.
- Accountable for the safe execution of maintenance activities.
- Assists and guides Instrument Supervisors/Technicians in the maintenance (Preventive & Corrective) activities of all I&C equipment.
- Assist in developing I&C maintenance scope of work and review of maintenance routines and make recommendations on improving.
- Analyse equipment failures and prepare reports regarding findings on cause of failures.
- Assists local site teams in development of action plans for remediation of I&C failures and follow up on implementation of agreed actions.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with HSE policies and procedures.
- Is an Active participant and champion of behaviour based safety within area of responsibility.
- Ensures that I&C systems on facilities are maintained and operated in a safe and environmentally sound manner that complies with all applicable local laws and regulations and in accordance with company guidelines and policies.
- Support implementation of Maintenance Procedures, Task Lists both preventive and corrective into CMMS.
- Review equipment spare parts requirements, holdings of materials and special tools.\Recommend stock levels and purchases where deficiencies/shortages are found.
- System software, hardware and healthcare management.
- Ensuring all instrumentation & control design changes are captured by management of change control process.
- Engage with instrument design personnel and other disciplines as required in the production of engineering and design deliverables.
- Supervise shutdown and turnaround maintenance activities, execute modifications and commissioning of expansion for new plant activities.
- Prepare turnaround and modular shutdown plan and material requirement for instrumentation and control systems.
- Supervise, maintain, test, installation and repair of Control Systems on site (Emerson, ABB, Schneider, Rockwell Allen Bradley Plc’s) - I&C Vendor interface.
- Support Work Pack Development and closure of Completions documentations.
- Support Root Cause Failure analysis, I&C Breakdown support, I&C Maintenance WO Review, I&C Material Technical Evaluation.
- Carry out HSE and technical audits and inspections.
- Compile / distribute comprehensive reports as necessary.
- Degree in I&C Engineering or equivalent
- Above 10 Years experience in O&G industry
- This position requires personnel to be trained in CompEX or recognised equivalent - Maintenance of equipment for use in hazardous areas
- Knowledgeable in Maintenance practices and procedures.
- Training & Mentoring of maintenance personnel
- An experienced engineer with demonstrated ‘hands on’ technical ability but equally with a keen interest and talent for teaching and coaching in a multicultural environment.
- Excellent communication skills, well-developed interpersonal skills, self-motivated and able to work with the minimum of supervision with a strong sense of team involvement in a multi-cultural environment.
- 5 days on /2 days off
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.