MSELECT is hiring a Lab Technician for an international oil and gas operator in Duhok. Candidates must have a minimum of 3 years laboratory experience and be fluent in Kurdish and English.
Reports Directly to
The lab technician performs laboratory tests to determine chemical and physical characteristics or composition of crude oil for such purposes as quality control and process control by performing the following duties.
- Sets up, adjusts, calibrates and operates laboratory equipment and instruments such as wet chemical glassware, manually operated instruments, semi-automatic instruments, automated instrumentation, standard lab equipment and other equipment.
- Tests crude oil samples for various components such as salt, H2S, sediment, viscosity and water.
- Performs routine instrument maintenance and trouble-shoots instrument problems.
- Performs routine mathematical calculations such as ratios, percentages, fractions, proportions and normalizations.
- Records test results on standardized forms and writes test reports describing procedures used.
- Prepares graphs and charts.
- Cleans laboratory equipment and lab area in general.
- Calibrates laboratory instruments.
- Prepares chemical solutions according to standard formulas.
- Climbs tanks to obtain samples and transports samples between units and the lab.
- Compliance with HOME ES&H regulations.
- Attend all safety meetings.
- Qualifications, Licenses and Certifications including H2S certification.
- Diploma or degree in subject matter related to job description, chemistry preferred.
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years of laboratory or related experience.
- Able to work with a variety of computer-based applications associated with instrument control.
- Proficient in mathematics.
- Must be able to communicate clearly in written and spoken English and Kurdish and capable of reading and comprehending technical manuals and instructions.
- Able to think through problems and unusual situations to avoid undue personal danger and production of non-compliant products.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work with multi-national workforce.
- Willingness to work on shift/rotation schedule.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process