MSELECT is hiring a Legal Affairs Section Head for an international oil and gas company in Basra. Candidates must have a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience and must be fluent in English and Arabic.
- Legal Manager
- Give accurate and timely counsel to Senior Executive Team in a variety of legal topics (labor law, commercial compliance, corporate legal matters, litigation & arbitration issue, national oil & gas legislation, international commercial law etc.
- Reviewing and overseeing from the legal perspective upon the process of Company procurement activities, include the legal review of contracts as well as the legal entity identification of the counterparty (if it is required by the User Department).
- Draft and solidify agreements, contracts and other legal documents to ensure the company’s full legal rights
- Participating in the litigation, arbitration or other dispute resolution process and providing the legal support
- Researching and anticipating unique legal issues that could impact the company
- Supervision and monitoring the performance of outside legal services
- Planning, setting work goals and priorities within the legal affairs section
- Providing professional supervision and guidance to members of the Section
- Monitoring and reporting on the Section's work to the Department Manger
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Must have a law degree from a recognized university
- Must be admitted to a recognized bar
- Must have 8+ years of experience gained in large law firm and/or in-house with major firm
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, along with the ability to communicate effectively with others at all levels of the organization
- Strong negotiating skills with both legal and financial/commercial issues
- Good at both English and Arabic and the English-Arabic legal writing will be valued as plus.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships within the organization’s legal department and across all businesses
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Oil & Gas upstream experience is preferred.
- Capability in communication with both English and Arabic and the English-Arabic legal writing will be valued as a plus.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process