MSELECT is looking to hire a Legal Consultant for an international business consultancy firm in Baghdad. The successful candidate must have a practical experience of 3-5 years in the same role with international clients, fluency in English and Arabic is a must.
Position main duties:
- The candidate is expected to perform as a dedicated Iraqi legal consultant for client prominent major U.S. and international clients dealing with international contracts and Iraqi legal requirements daily.
- Candidates must have experience in Iraqi commercial law matters, reviewing/analyzing and drafting commercial contracts.
- Must have excellent communication skills all around in English; must be fluent in English and Arabic; (fluency in Kurdish is a plus).
- Must be loyal, have a good demeanor and be willing to engage Iraqi government officials and international companies with impeccable courtesy and professionalism; former law firm, international study and international experience is a big plus.
- Bachelor's degree or Master of Laws from Iraqi law school;
- Member in good standing of the Iraqi Bar Association;
- Preferred to have work experience with foreign companies in the past
- Proficient in working effectively in a fast-paced environment while making multiple tasks at a time;
- Time management and task prioritization;
- Demonstrated ability to handle phone calls and correspondence effectively.
- Demonstrated skills in computer maintenance and basic troubleshooting of windows;
- Skilled in data entry and data processing;
- Skilled in Microsoft Office, especially Word;
- Skills with Mac computer a plus
Operational knowledge of the functioning of various office equipment including scanners and printers.
- Expert in maintaining productive written correspondence with Clients;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Proven collaborative skills to facilitate team work;
- Proficient In the study of the company's affairs and customers;
- Strength of performance in giving legal opinions.
- Demonstrated ability to build report quickly;
- Customer oriented attitude towards work with profound ability to interact effectively with others;
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team and under multi-gender management.
• Good attention to detail with ability to develop time-lined deliverables;
• Proven ability to comprehend and follow instructions accurately.
The candidate needs to be fluent in English and Arabic, (Kurdish is a plus)
*Only applicants that meet the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.