MSELECT is hiring a Mechanical Engineer for an international oil and gas service client in Erbil. Candidates must have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in pipeline and related facilities (pumping stations, separation plants, tank farms) design and construction and be fluent in English and Kurdish.
Department, Section, Team
Configuration Control Service within the Directorate for Capital Construction
Mechanical and Pipeline/ Piping Engineering, Construction, Repairs
The main objective of this position is to manage the Pipeline/ Piping projects and processes of Directorate of Capital Construction, reconstruction and capital repairs of the Company facilities.
The Mechanical Engineer will be reporting to the Head of Capital Repairs Section within the Directorate for Capital Construction. The Mechanical Engineer is appointed and dismissed from his/ her position by the decision of the Director for Capital Construction in agreement with the Head of Capital Repairs Section.
- Participate in development of Scope of Work for Directorate’s Contracts, Technical evaluation of Bidders, post-award Project Management
- Review, Comment and Approve Contractor’s documents like specifications, drawings, procedures, reports, etc.
- Organize, co-ordinate and conduct site activities and inspections of facilities, equipment, material, factory and/or site acceptance tests etc.
- Organizing Site Supervision to support work execution on site
- Participating in development/ review/ issue of procedures and instructions for Projects of Directorate
- Ensure and enforce compliance to safety, specifications, standards and procedures in order to achieve highest quality of the work
- Preparation of Site Inspection Reports
- Reviewing/ checking/ commenting on as-built documentation
- Checking and monitoring vendor’s equipment packages installation and testing on site
- Checking contractor’s daily reports, weekly reports, monthly reports; compiling company reports (if required by CCD Management)
- With the Section Heads and Engineers of Directorate for Capital Construction, HSE, O&M, HR, Expert Review and/ or other Directorates and Divisions of the company within assigned competencies
- Company’s authorized business partners, contractors and service providers within assigned competencies and assigned brief
Regulation of Activities
- Company Internal Normative Documents related to the assigned business area
- Occupational Health and Safety requirements and Fire Safety requirements
- Regulation on the Business Unit
- The present Job Profile
Other Job Requirements
- Bachelor/ Master of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Professional Engineering License desirable but not required
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in pipeline and related facilities (pumping stations, separation plants, tank farms) design and construction
- In depth knowledge of International standards such ASME B31.3 and ASME B31.4, API 1102, API 1104, ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code
- Ability to perform calculations for pipeline wall thickness, road crossings, stress analysis; candidate may be required to perform calculation to prove ability
- Producing specifications and data sheets for valves in accordance with API 6D, fittings in accordance with ASME B16.9 & MS SP 75, flanges in accordance with ASME B16.5 & MS SP 44, other piping items as bolting, gaskets, o-lets, etc., in accordance with relevant standards. Candidate shall show examples of his previous works
- Ability to develop Piping Material Specification for a certain fluid considering specific operating/design conditions. Basis of PMS development shall be discus
- General knowledge about centrifugal pumps in accordance with API 610. Knowledge about pump operating conditions (suction/discharge pressure, differential pressure, NPSH, BOP, Efficiency, etc.)
- General knowledge about tanks and tank farms in accordance with API 650
- Knowledge about welding process, WPS and PQR in accordance with API 1104
- In depth knowledge about pipeline design, ROW selection, typical drawings preparation, alignment sheets design. Previous experience in ROW selection is mandatory. Candidate shall be able to explain different types of ROW, normal, restricted, in waterlogged areas, in mountainous areas. Also, candidate shall be able to describe the content of main fields in an AS and their significance
- Candidate shall have sound knowledge related to pipeline construction and shall be able to describe the process of pipeline installation, i.e. survey, ROW preparation, trenching, stringing, welding, etc.
- Knowledge of quality assurance and control in accordance with ISO 9001 and 14001 are mandatory
- Strong knowledge of HSE rules and regulations is mandatory. Candidate shall prove his pro-activity in maintaining a high level of safety at working place for himself as well as for colleagues or third parties
- English: fluent
- Kurdish: preferable
- Arabic: preferable
- A minimum of 10 years EPC projects experience in the field of Pipeline and Piping Construction or Repairs in the Oil and Gas sector
- Mandatory experience of working in global companies. A clear advantage is experience gain in Middle East
- Experience in contract and claim management is beneficial
- Proficiency in using standard MS Suite of software
- Proficiency in using communication tools such as Internet, e-mail, mobile phone, telephone/ video conferencing, instant messenger systems
Degree of Mobility
- Local business trips
- Regular travel to the construction sites and operational facilities of the company
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.