MSELECT is looking to hire a Mechanical Engineer for an investment and development client in Sulaymaniyah, the candidate must have at least 3-5 years of experience in construction projects and must be fluent in English, Kurdish and Arabic.
- Generally responsible for implementations and monitoring of all mechanical related works at site as per approved drawings and methods and safety rules.
- Estimates, prepares and assigns the resources such as manpower, materials, consumables, equipment, tools, etc., required for all mechanical and related works prior to execution. Plans and analyses all possible construction methodologies and recommends the best options to the MEP Manager for approval prior to execution at site.
- Interprets construction drawings and studies the contract documents and applicable standards or specifications prior to execution of any jobs.
- Manages directly and provide engineering and technical supports to all the mechanical work groups at site.
- Plans the execution of all mechanical related works and coordinates the works to electrical and civil groups.
- Assign targets for accomplishments and ensure targets are met on daily basis for all mechanical groups at site.
- Submits site daily reports, inspection requests, estimates and all applicable monitoring reports on regular basis or as required.
- Supports the PM in accomplishing all the goals and targets for the mechanical and electrical groups at site.
- Ensures that all the works done are in accordance with the approved construction drawings, contract documents, project specifications, and all applicable standards whether local, national or international standards.
- Ensures that all site works are done according to all applicable quality standards.
- Directly responsible for the safety of all mechanical groups’ personnel of the project by ensuring that the project execution will be done according to all applicable health, safety, sanitary and environmental standards.
- Carrying out all mechanical works and equipment installation activities.
- Attends regular meeting with client, civil engineers and consultant to provide update on project progress.
- Pre-resolve any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems at site that may arise at any time.
- To collaborate with cost control and planning department in preparing the daily progress reports.
- Able to lead site personnel to execute and completion of job on time at site and performs other related duties as required
Skills and qualifications:
- Education: Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineer
- Previous experience: Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience in construction projects
- Language skills: English, Kurdish, Arabic
- Computer skills: MS office, AutoCAD other programs related to drawing
- Organizational skills: management, communication, reporting and planning
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.