MSELECT is looking for an Operations Readiness Advisor for a major global oil and gas client in Basrah, 6+ years of work in oil and extensive experience in operations, training, start-ups and commissioning of facilities, the candidate must be fluent in Arabic and English.
The oil field is undertaking a large number of brownfield and greenfield projects in order to support and enhance production over the coming years. The integration of the new projects into existing sites and the engagement of the site operations staff will be critical in ensuring the success of the field for the coming years.
The ideal candidate applies professional operations discipline and leadership, strong project interface from operations best practice perspective, operational management and project delivery principles, practices, and techniques to ensure field operations teams:
- Accept ownership of the project.
- Accept responsibility for the project as designed/installed.
- Are capable of safe and efficient operation of the project.
- Capable of sustainable and environmentally friendly operations.
- Ensure a high level of operational contribution to pre-FEED Development objectives, FEED and through to project Close-out.
- Proactive engagement with all operating departments to ensure the development will integrate into existing Brownfield Assets.
- Deep participation in Operations Readiness & Assurance (OR&A) Delivery Requirements and Stage Gate readiness.
- Assist Site in evaluating competency, training on the project operations and assessing personnel in accordance with regulatory requirements and international standards.
- Support the collaborative working environment and ensure all operational aspects, such as I&C, maintenance, operations, integrity management, production, well services, drilling and CWE are evaluated and embedded into philosophies/strategies.
- Promote OR&A health, safety and environmental awareness through inductions, training and inspection.
- To execute key OR&A deliverables as per JV and industry guidelines and standards.
- Contribute to the key operational deliverables which reflect the PMP Stage of the Project.
- Delivery of Designated FPD (Flawless Project Delivery) as directed.
- Assure implementation of the Competence Program, Vendor Training Plan, HSE Plan, and HSE Management System.
- Contribute and input to Integrated Activity Planning requirements;
- Contribute to OR&A Plan and monthly report.
- Contribute to the development of the detailed Start-up plan.
- Help Develop Document handover package in conjunction with the project teams.
- Provide Start-up support on Projects including night coverage and day coverage as needed.
- Develop Ownership handover documentation and assurance process to on seat Operations Manager.
- Petro-Chemical Degree.
- Formal Operations Training in Oil & Gas facility w/ proof of Competency.
- International Oil & Gas Operations Certification.
- 6+ years of work with oil and gas sector.
- Extensive experience in Operations, Training, Start-ups and Commissioning of facilities.
- Provided Operations Excellence in procedures, start-ups, Control of Work, P&ID reviews for oil & gas majors.
- Developed professional technical integrity related manuals/ procedures/guidelines.
- Team player. Excellent inter- personal and leadership skills with good communications skills (i.e. report writing and presentations) are essential.
- Ability to work under pressure in challenging environment;
- Ability to successfully manage relationships with key stakeholders;
- High awareness of safe working practices associated with FEED, design, construction, pre- commissioning, installation, hook- up and commissioning of oil & gas facilities.
- Effective planning and organizational skills, with the ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and recall.
- Ability to organize work load and to manage a filing methods and management techniques.
- Experience of SIMOPS; Concurrent operations of Drilling, Construction, Operations and Commissioning
Another key requirement
- Iraqi National.
- Flexibility to work night shifts when required.
- Interpersonal Skills; cultural awareness, positive attitude, commitment, initiative, team player, oral & written communication, drive, and energy.
- Demonstrate personal and job integrity.
- Demonstrate ability to influence and lead people.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.