MSELECT is looking to hire a Plant Superintendent for an international oil and gas operator in Erbil. Candidates must have a minimum of 10 years as production superintendent plus an appropriate period as acting / deputy production/ facilities manager, fluent in English is a must.
The Expat Plant Superintendent is responsible for the operation of the Production facility on a “hands on” basis, he will ensure maximum production with minimal plant and well downtime. Responsible for the development, coaching and mentoring of local employees within their team to achieve localization targets. His core remit is to train the national production staff on the workplace, guiding them, prioritizing, ensuring compliance of procedures and installing confidence.
- First line supervision for national production team.
- Responsible for ensuring all reports are accurate and delivered in a timely manner.
- Responsible for maintaining production targets and optimization of plant.
- Ensuring all production related consumable spares are available and reorder when applicable.
- On job training of Nationals.
- Deputies for PFM as and when required.
- Maintain Operations within budgetary constraints.
- Ensure maximum plant and well uptime.
- 10 years minimum as Production Superintendent plus appropriate period as acting / deputy production / facilities manager.
- Experience and knowledge of hydrocarbon processing systems and utility systems.
- Supervisory experience of Permit to Work, Mechanical/Electrical Isolation Standards and Risk Assessment.
- Practical familiarity with standard ‘Office’ software package.
- Conscientious, flexible, versatile and determined. Capable of assertive and positive communication and performance
- Exemplary safety and managerial leadership skills. Good levels of written and spoken communication in English language. Clear understanding of personnel behavioural and team issues.
- Appropriate standard of managerial, technical, and professional knowledge as defined by competences.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process