MSELECT is looking to hire a Public Relations Officer for an international oil and gas operator in Basrah. Candidates must have a minimum of 8 years of overall experience with at least 3 years in the Energy sector. English and Arabic fluency is a must.
- Responsible for supporting and implementation public relationships in the Power sector (Renewable Energy and Gas) through active role in channel development, techno-commercial models, proposals in Iraq.
- Focus and align with the overall business strategy and values via ethical conduct, commitment, policy implementation and assurance.
Operational and Technical
- Strong liaison/ coordination with all relevant departments/ bodies including but not limited to Ministry of Electricity, Basra Governorate, Real Estate Department etc.
- Strong communication & Follow-up of all matters with the Government Departments including expediting of responses through intellectual and inter-personal skills.
- Interaction with all stakeholders including the Government, Investors, Contractors to maintain the synergy for achievement of goals.
- Coordinate with local communities at project sites to ensure performance of work without major issues.
- Represent the Company in various meetings with the stakeholders.
- Should be able to hold basic discussion on technical aspects of power plants during aforementioned meetings; in-addition to the main portfolio of public relations.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements proactively.
- Attend the meetings & record minutes of the meeting & share with the team members.
- Handle official correspondence with the Government, keep track records, collating information and ensuring decisions made are communicated to the relevant company stakeholders.
- Liaise with external regulators and advisers, such as lawyers and auditors.
- Follow all relevant Company’s health, security and environmental policies, processes, procedures and instructions to ensure Health and Safety compliance in all aspects of work by applying them on self, others and corporate assets.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Preferably having bachelor’s degree in Engineering with Masters in Business Administration (Marketing or Finance) would be preferred.
- Minimum 8 years of overall experience with at least 3 years in the Energy sector, preferably in Power division.
- Basics of Renewable Energy (Solar, Gas)
- Knowledge of Iraq Electricity Market
- Knowledge of Energy Purchase Agreements
- Well versed with the Government Departments and Hierarchy
Behavioural/ Generic Competencies
- Effective Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills, Negotiation skills
- Innovative thinking
- Knowledge of Government Hierarchy, reporting structures
- Attention to the business developments in energy (electricity) sector in Iraq
- Collaborate, communicate and work effectively
- Excellent English and Arabic (speaking and writing skills i/c formal translation)
COMMUNICATION & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Iraq renewable energy Operations team
- President Office
- Ministry of Electricity including Ministry of Electricity South (Transmissions, Generation etc.)
- Basra Governorate (Real Estate Department, etc.)
- Ministry of Oil/ Basra Oil Company
- External Auditors
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.