MSELECT is looking to hire a Senior Accountant for a consultancy firm in Erbil, 3-5 years of experience in the same position is required. Fluency in English is mandatory.
- Guide junior accountants by answering questions, maintaining proper coordination and communication, and provide necessary training and support.
- Prepare weekly and monthly plans for junior accountants, follow up their assigned tasks, and report their performance to the head of finance department.
- Oversee all accounting activities executed by the junior accountants including AP / AR / Treasury activities, based on the sub-department the Senior Accountant will be responsible on.
- Perform accounting functions as assigned including, but not limited to booking monthly adjusting entries, accounts reconciliations, and reviewing Junior Accountants entries.
- Analyzing and Monitor expenditures and revenues to ensure they are recorded appropriately on a monthly basis.
- Manage general ledgers and provide the required tasks that help the management in month-end and year-end closing processes.
- Assist with annual external audit, by preparing al necessary documents and deliverables required by external auditors.
- Maintain fixed assets register and associated depreciation schedules, provide monthly detail for associated general journal entries, ensure proper recording of new purchases and disposals of fixed assets.
- Verifying, supervision, investigating, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports.
- Coordinate with finance team to complete assigned accounting tasks within deadlines.
- Coordinate with finance team and responsible for meeting weekly/monthly/annual deadlines for the preparation of financial books of accounts.
- Dealing and responding daily to internal and external third parties such as Clients, Contractors, internal departments.
- Ensure proper filing and supporting documentation is in order on a daily basis with coordination with the archiver.
BA in accounting.
3-5 years of experience in the same position.
Advanced accounting knowledge covering financial statements and standard accounting reports. IFRS knowledge is a big plus. (will be tested)
Advanced in Excel
Excellent communication skills
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.