MSELECT is hiring a Senior Compliance Specialist for an international oil and gas operator in Basrah. Candidates must have a minimum of 8 years' experience in administrative work, preferably in procurement and be fluent in English.
- Administration and Services
- Compliance Section Head
Basic Function and Scope
Support CPL team to deliver the goals and objective of Department. Co-ordinates CPL's administrative and managerial functions in order to keep the other professional positions focused on their primary responsibilities, while helping to guide the growth and future of the Compliance and the team as a whole.
Tasks and Duties
Carries out general and administrative activities for assigned division/department on materials/services groups according to assignment.
- Carries out the activities of assigned personnel in the Compliance Section. Coordinates CPL team and administration support to all Sections in carrying out contract and procurement activities
- Undertakes compliance tasks as required by Compliance Section Head by coordinating/ delegating workflow; and update and tracks delegated tasks/work to ensure progress of deadlines.
- Sets up and monitor the strategic direction and tactical execution of the programs, plan and target needed to uphold and maintain the compliance of CPL.
- Assists the CPL Manager in challenging the effectiveness of established procedures and identifying out-dated practices and developing continuous improvement process for the department.
- Serves as the focal point for all audit related activities; coordinates and supports administratively and functionally in ad-hoc and regular internal and external organizational audits; and provides guidance, support & oversight to ensure effective management of the audit response process.
- Periodically reviews, analyzes, develop and audit appropriate policies and procedures in relation to governance, compliance and corporate functions within the department and reports gaps / non-conformance to Compliance Section Head.
- Assist Compliance Section Head with the preparation and coordination of any function pertaining to department manpower plan, employee relations and other HR matters.
- Follow up the tendering process by issuing tender document, receiving the bid, organizing opening bids, recording the bid opening process and archiving bid and contract documents.
- Responsible for support to BC meeting or any other meeting relating to tendering issues within Company and responsible for register of BC papers, notification of BC meeting to the participants, preparation of meeting minutes, circulation of meeting minutes to the relevant departments and drafting letters to BOC for tendering issues.
- Audits PO once it is delivered, audits the process of goods delivery, prepares payment request, reviews the invoice against the delivery note and take responsibility for whole process for payment of PO to Vender.
- Provide direct support to Procurement team for Cost recovery of all materials that are purchased and delivered, and coordinate with budget holders for payment to Vender for PO delivered.
- Coordinate with the Logistics team in relation to the preparation of documents required to facilitate customs clearance of materials and audit the business and operation procedure of material and logistics management as required by CPL manager.
- Statistics the rotation plan for all expat staff and make sure all are rotated in compliance to Corporation policy and procedure and secure sufficient manpower in field for the planned and given workloads.
- Carries out other similar or related duties such as preparing a variety of reports and statistics on contracts activities for submission to CPL Department Manager for inclusion in management reports,
- Degree in business administration or related area, or substantial relevant experience is required.
- Minimum 8 years' experience in administrative work, preferably in procurement in Oil & Gas industry.
- Proficient in the use of standard software applications, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to complete the work.
- Ability to work independently and resolve practical problems.
- Fluency and proficiency in English both written and oral.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process