MSELECT is hiring a Senior Data Management Engineer for an international oil and gas operator in Basrah. Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in subsurface and characterization and be fluent in English.
Key member in the Subsurface Department reporting to the Subsurface Manager, the Subsurface Data engineer is responsible providing QA/QC data and information to the Subsurface team. The roles main objective is to structure, manage and maintain the subsurface (GG, RE & Surveillance) data. Interact with other departments, partners, government & headquarter. Key field development activities tracking, work program & budget, integration of planning and reporting in supporting subsurface projects. Track Subsurface regular report generation to ensure timely submission and any received letter to ensure the timely reply and advice manager of any urgent request.
- Providing QA/QC data and information to the Subsurface team.
- Point of contact for the delivery of digital/hard well data, ensuring that incoming and outgoing data transmittals are tracked.
- Provide data submission and retrieval service to designated data stores for digital and hard copy data.
- Data submission to partners and government authorities where required
- Analyze data loaded to ensure all values are correct and compliant with standards.
- Assist creating, updating and maintaining DM processes, procedures and standards
- Communicate with Petrophysicist/Geologists to assess and fulfill their work requests.
- Fulfil the Data governance role of Data Custodian for well and subsurface data.
- Be proactive in pursuing continuous quality improvement in the well and subsurface data loading process.
- Build and maintain databases of inhouse key physical data (e.g. CD/DVD, hard disks, thin sections)
- Supervise and manage external data storage and archives (e.g. seismic tapes & cartridges, core data)
- Ensure physical data is kept securely and according to company specifications
- Establishment and maintenance of processes to ensure alignment with subsurface data requirements and proactive pursuit of improvements and solutions
- Accountable for the creation, maintenance, implementation, and compliance of subsurface data management processes, governances, and support models to ensure data access, quality, and accuracy
- Evaluate, recommend, and promote tools, methodologies, and best practices for managing subsurface data
- Ensure data flows are well understood and implemented, metadata are accurately populated, data are kept current, and outdated or redundant data are properly disposed of
- Ensure data security and access are fit for purpose and enforced and data restrictions and obligations are well understood and followed
- Networking globally to develop and share subsurface data management best practices.
- Participates in the consolidation of annual budget exercise for Subsurface by providing historical status on project budgets, identifying unplanned budget carryover and preparing the necessary paperwork for presentation to Management.
- Track Subsurface regular report generation to ensure timely submission and any received letter to ensure the timely reply and advice manager of any urgent request.
- Provides monthly, quarterly & annually reporting on Subsurface activities and achievements to the management.
Health, Security, Safety and Environment
- Demonstrate safety leadership and strongly advocate Health Safety and Environment (HSE) policies and guidelines. Ensure clear description and communication of subsurface risks during drilling of new wells.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant HSSE management policies, procedures and controls within own area, monitoring, reviewing and evaluating on a continuous basis, and a responsible environmental attitude.
- Leading by example and develop a strong safety-first culture within the own and (sub)contractor workforce
- Manage the activities and work performed by Contractors such as (studies and core analysis) and ensure that it is carried out in an efficient and effective manner. Build good relationships with key stakeholders.
- Recommend training and development for team members to build their capabilities.
- Contribute to knowledge dissemination/sharing in a way that assists with building internal capabilities of employees.
- Develop overview of contractor’s strength and weaknesses and intervene as and when required exercising contractual rights.
- Contribute to company CSR strategy execution
Policies, Systems, Processes and Procedures
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the relevant standards / policies /guidelines / procedures in accordance with international industry best practices and corporate policies
- Ensure compliance with corporate requirements on adherence to policies, procedures and instructions within own area related to all relevant regulatory directives to promote a safe and risk-free environment.
- Ensure compliance to all internal and external reporting requirements set by company.
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Drilling, Well Services, Surface Facilities, Production Teams, Planning Teams
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY
- Key decisions having significant impact on the company development, production and delivery of business plan
- The jobholder exercises operational authority as per the level established by the company management and stipulated in the authority matrix.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Geoscience, Engineering, related discipline
- Intermediate understanding of subsurface and characterization workflows, key products, and deliverables
- Intermediate understanding of various subsurface data types including seismic, wellbore, core, geochem, PVT, drilling, production, etc. and how these data are utilized and validated for accuracy
- 5-8 years of experience in subsurface and characterization
- Experience with Petrel and other Petrotechnical tool
- Exposure to data storage models and technologies
- Familiarity with data licensing contracts and licensed data rights and obligations
- Collaborative attitude and ability to work across Subsurface and IT disciplines
- Motivated to data quality and data security
- Strong skillset in partner engagement, problem solving, and inspiring change
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Takes ownership of actions and follows through on commitments by holding others accountable and standing up for what's right
- Builds positive relationships based on trust and seeks collaboration across organizational boundaries to achieve goals
- Drives thoughtful and pragmatic change, encourages innovative thinking and continuous improvement, and model’s adaptability through resourcefulness, flexibility and positivity
- Excellent Project management, planning and execution skills.
- Thorough understanding of HSE processes and the practical implementation thereof.
- Strategic thinking
- Team building
- Team work
- Decision Making Skills
- Problem solving
- Change Management
- Line Manager (Dept. Manager / Section Head)
- Subsurface Manager
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process