MSELECT is looking to hire a Senior Mechanical Technician for an international oil and gas operator in Sulaymaniyah. Candidates must have at least 10 years’ experience in the oil & gas industry in a maintenance capacity 5 years of which must be in a senior role and be fluent in English and Kurdish.
- Mechanical Supervisor
This position is a ‘hands-on’ site technician role, reporting to the Mechanical Supervisor. Is responsible for executing all mechanical planned and corrective maintenance installations in accordance with both local and industry standards. Undertakes a multi-tasking role in order to assist the Production Operations team in maintenance field activities including troubleshooting, fault finding, repair and overhauling of all rotating equipment. Provides input in creating and reviewing maintenance procedures, job plans and work instructions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Adheres to technical Governmental and Company rules, regulations and procedures.
- Leads all mechanical maintenance activities at recovery plant.
- Leads troubleshooting and fault finding on rotating equipment, gas engine and reciprocating compressors.
- Leads equipment major repairs and overhaul works such as top end and in frame services.
- Works with computerized maintenance management system SAP to prepare the weekly, bi-weekly and monthly work and manpower planning and scheduling.
- Ensures that plant and equipment is maintained according to compliance and integrity standards in order to meet expected reliability and ‘uptime’ Key Performance Indicators.
- Liaises closely with Production Operations, Maintenance and Engineering teams in activity planning, engineering change and cost control.
- Ensures that procedures for the safe execution of tasks are in place and adhered to (including Task Instructions, Permits-to Work, Task Risk Assessments, and Toolbox Talks).
- Ensures that all activities are accurately recorded in the maintenance management system (SAP), providing all necessary reports to the Operations support team.
- Assists in localization program through on job training, coaching and supporting the development of local national mechanical trainees and technicians.
- Participates in Emergency Response organization as required (this may include responsibilities in Search & Rescue and Fire Fighting).
- Works closely with mechanical supervisor to minimize the work backlogs and to close all work related to SCE on time.
- Communicates with equipment vendors for technical support.
- Improves risk-based inspection and condition monitoring on rotating equipment and support reliability technician in order to improve the equipment reliability programs. Reporting and Communication
- Reports to the Mechanical Supervisor on all issues relating own responsibilities.
- Exhibits and maintains excellent working relationships with all staff.
- Able to communicate very well in both verbal and written English and demonstrated supervisory skills Continuous Improvement of Position
- Conducts studies to identify areas for improving facilities on a continuous basis in order to facilitate the operations. Recommends improvement actions and practices to senior management.
Minimum Educational, Technical Qualifications/Certifications Required
- Mechanical Technical institute level. Preferred candidate will have Caterpillar 3500 and 3600 series experience, Waukesha 275GL experience and gas compression experience along with general rotating equipment maintenance and overhauling experience.
Minimum Professional Experience Required
- At least 10 years’ experience in the oil & gas industry in a maintenance capacity 5 years of which must be in a senior role
- Fully experienced in working with safety management systems and a basic understanding of local safety management legislation.
- In-depth understanding of oil and gas production equipment, processes and utility systems
- Excellent experience in SAP system.
Special Requirements and Conditions
- Must be physically fit, able to work under severe weather conditions and able to climb ladders and staircases to elevated work platforms to maintain and repair process equipment.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills in English (spoken & written) Commitment to continuous learning
- Knowledge sharing
- Time management
- Good Leadership skill.
- Good working knowledge of MS office
- Experienced in fault finding on rotating equipment
- Experienced in overhauling rotating equipment
- Able to take swift and sound decisions in case of emergencies in order to assure that the safety of crew is not jeopardized.
- High team spirit awareness
- Self-starter, flexible, initiative, positive approach to all aspects of work
- Problem solving
- Ability to integrate across functions and ability to learn
- Sound understanding of
- Maintenance/Operations as it relates to the safe & efficient production of natural gas
- Sound computer skills in Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of maintenance management systems such as SAP
- Analytical skills to identify and resolve mechanical problems
- Experienced with oil and gas production equipment and utility systems including pumps, compressors, power generation and related mechanical systems and equipment
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process