MSELECT is hiring a Senior Petrophysicist for an international oil and gas company in Basra. Candidate’s must have a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience and must be fluent in English.
- Subsurface Manager
To develop, implement and monitor petrophysical data acquisition programs on oilfields within Block 9 and conduct all necessary tests and core analysis activities on oilfield parameters to create accurate petrophysical models of reservoirs and support well operations, appraisal and development decisions.
- Design and execute logging programs (pilot-hole requirements, types of logs, intervals) for specific exploration activities in order to gather appropriate and high-quality data ready for analysis.
- Execute well log interpretation processes for individual wells, and perform petro-physical characterization of the reservoir, and construct geo-cellular models. Evaluate cut-off properties and perform volumetric reserves evaluation.
- Supervise wire-line logging and other petro-physical data acquisition to ensure the safe and smooth operation and quality of data production. Coordinate with contractors and check the final products and reports prepared by contractor.
- Receive, analyse and evaluate logs and core data using different types of computerized evaluation packages and calculate Petro-physical data such as porosity, hydrocarbon saturation, permeability, temperature, etc.
- Review and interpret historical logging data around the proposed well location, and identify remaining oil zones and formation water behaviors to propose target zones and logging operation programmes for new well drillings or workover. Initiate authorization formalities for execution of petro-physical survey/analysis programmes.
- Liaise with geology and reservoir engineering staff to ensure physical corroboration of evaluations and to supplement well data. Evaluate productions logs, monitor and interpret fluids’ movements in the reservoir in liaison with Reservoir Engineers.
- Establish and maintain records of raw and computerize petro-physical data and provides data for the petro-physical well data base (digitized log and core data).
- Carry out petro-physical field studies and participates with other reservoir engineers in formulating a fieldwide reservoir model for a future updated field development plan.
- Support in technical evaluation and verification of contractors’ pre-qualification documents and assessment of each contactor’s capabilities, to ensure selection of appropriately qualified contractors at the optimum price and required standards.
- Provide specialized support during the execution of contracts to ensure that both contracting parties fulfil their obligations.
Policies, Systems, Processes and Procedures
- Contribute to the identification of opportunities for the continuous improvement of systems, processes and practices to increase productivity and operational efficiency.
- Implement all relevant policies, processes, procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
Health, Security, Safety and Environment
- Follow all relevant company’s health, security, safety and environmental policies, processes, procedures and instructions to ensure Health and Safety compliance in all aspects of work by applying them on self, others and corporate assets.
- Contribute to the preparation of timely and accurate reports to meet Subsurface requirements, policies and standards.
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Subsurface and Drilling teams
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY
- The jobholder exercises financial and operational authority as per the level established by company management and stipulated in the authority matrix.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Petrophysics or equivalent
- Minimum of 4-6 years of experience in the Oil & Gas industry in Petrophysical Studies and data acquisition.
- Knowledge in petrophysical modelling
- Knowledge of oilfield exploration practices and technologies
- Ability to make timely decisions
- Problem solving skills
- Attention to details
- Analytical skills
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process