MSELECT is looking to hire a Senior Project Planning and Control Engineer for an international oil and gas company in Basra. Candidates must have 10 + years of relevant experience and be fluent in English.
- Project Services Section Head
- Surface Facilities
- Project Service
The Job Objective is to
- Performing supervisory planning/scheduling activity and overall management of the project schedules.
- Monitor contractor’s schedule to make sure commissioning on schedule.
- Receive general guidance, objectives and some specific work assignments from the Project Services Manager.
- Develop the capability and supervises the performance for all project planning & Control/ scheduling analysis and reporting and project progress evaluation.
- Act as staff advisor to Project Management on approved policies and procedures for planning and Controlling.
- Prepare concern, management report for improve management of Facility Department.
- Coordinate among Facility teams, in the company, with PMC and Contactors.
- Provides leadership to the Planning/Scheduling Group and in conjunction with the Project Services Manager assigns priorities.
- To make overall surface facility planning and contribute the execution strategy.
- Coordinates, supervises and checks the work of those scheduling personnel assigned to projects under his/her direction.
- Develops policies and procedures to improve the adequacy and efficiency of the planning and scheduling activities.
- Provides project management consultation on factors affecting the timely completion of projects and performs special analysis for manpower loading and for performance progress.
- Analyzes drawings, specifications and statements of work in the preparation of networks for project planning and scheduling man - loading, materials, equipment, installation and testing, support facilities and costs.
- Prepares master critical path type and time scaled overall schedules.
- Prepares plans and master schedules, interface management programs, status reports and performance evaluations.
- Analyzes and/or reviews progress reports against the schedule.
- Monitors material status reports against construction schedules and reviews them with Contracts and Construction Groups.
- Maintains liaison with the project and the field for schedule revision and update.
- Supports Project Management in accomplishing project status review and performance control.
- Coordination and Assists PMC and the contractor in developing/reviewing schedule corrective actions and recovery plans, and ensures needed action plans are implemented.
- Attends/Chair substantial number of Progress Review/Planning meetings with Project Management team and Contractor as necessary
- Provide project progress report and contractor’s performance
- To guide contractor to make up catch up plan when progress slipping
- To work at Block 9 site under company standard security policy
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Frequent contacts with Construction Manager, Team Leaders and Project Services Manager
- Frequent contacts with Discipline Engineers and Discipline Inspectors
- Regular Contacts with Engineering Section
- Frequent contact with B - 9 planning department
- Frequent contacts with Engineering Leads of EPC Contractors and LLI Vendors.
- Regular contacts with PMC, EPC and LLI Contractor Management
- Contact with concerned parties to study various planning, interface, demining and land acquisition problems/facilities, to provide expert advice when requested
- Frequently go to site to verify the project actual progress
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Education in Engineering, or project management.
- Proven experience in oil and gas industry
- Working in hardship situation
- Over 10 years’ experience, 5 years in oil field, preferably experience in recent large oil fields projects in Iraq.
- Demonstrated Planning and control roles of at least two USD 100 million plus capital project with more than 20+ projects execution simultaneously.
- Proven ability to perform in a lead capacity, possess good written and oral communications and presentation skills, and have a thorough of industry practices and regulations.
- Knowledgeable of current Primavera Enterprise Systems (P6) scheduling technology and how it can be effectively utilized on the project.
- Knowledge of oilfield projects such as CPF, infrastructure, water plant, gas processing plant, flowline, trunkline… and their internal connection relationship.
- Strong analytical, tactical and strategic thinking skills with a bias towards action.
- Self - Starter with strong work ethic, and great time management and communication skills
- Fluent in English oral and writing
- Line Manager (Dept. Manager / Section Head)
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process