MSELECT is looking to hire a Shift Supervisor for an international energy services client in Baghdad. Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience. English and Arabic fluency is a must.
Oversee the day-to-day ITP activities of the airport at BGW, to ensure a safe cost-effective operation is maintained in accordance with company procedures as are current at the time.
Support the Managers and supervisors / operators for long- and short-term planning.
Run the shift duty on a regular basis.
Leadership & People Management
- Personal Leadership – set high personal standards, lead by example, ensure follow through, and demonstrate commitment to building a motivated workforce.
- The Shift Supervisor arranges the duties of the Operators so that all customers are serviced on schedule.
- The Shift Supervisor trains & coaches staff to develop a highly skilled team, dedicated to ‘getting it right first time, every time’. Ensures team members are fully trained and competent in all their delegated tasks.
- The Shift Supervisor will carry out task observations on the Refueling Operators.
- Communicate and ensure compliance around company expectations & standards.
- Take active interest in all staff’s wellbeing to ensure they are physically and mentally fit to carry out their duties and if they are not seeking ways of facilitating a recovery.
- Manage industrial relations and disciplinary procedures in accordance with company personnel manual, conditions of employment etc.
The Shift Supervisor is responsible for all delegated administrative duties in the depot. These include but are not limited to:
- Stock management.
- Petty cash.
- Data capture and inputting.
- Documentation for maintenance, operations and compliance tasks.
- Near Miss reports
- Defect reporting
- Reporting site HSSE KPI’s
The Shift Supervisor manages a team of Refueling Operators who come into direct contact with customers at each refueling. At times there will be conflict and the Shift Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that on the shift, there is resolution to any issues.
He represents company to the customer and ensures that relationships and well managed.
He communicates concerns and issues to the Fuel Operations Managers.
The Shift Supervisor is responsible for carrying out all day to day tasks required to safely, effectively and efficiently operate the into plane activity. The Shift Supervisor operates sophisticated, high cost mobile and fixed equipment in carrying out these tasks. The Shift Supervisor ensures that day to day operations and safety tasks are carried out strictly according to the relevant company Operating Standards.
These operating tasks are, but not limited to:
- Preventative Maintenance
- Fueler filling
- Product Quality
- Aircraft refueling
The Shift Supervisor must be able to identify changes to processes, plant and people and be able to understand that a Management of Change (MoC) process needs to be in place and followed.
- The Shift Supervisor must be HSSE minded and work safely at all times.
- The Shift Supervisor supervises a team of Refueling Operators and therefore his actions and behaviors will impact and influence his team. He needs to apply appropriate behaviors.
- The Shift Supervisor must be fully conversant and comply with all Company and Legislated HSE requirements which apply to the Airfield Operation and is accountable for ensuring the completion of compliance tasks assigned to him / her and his / her team.
- The Shift Supervisor must report all unsafe acts and conditions and near misses to his / her supervisor at all times.
- The Shift Supervisor must acknowledge that Working Safely is a condition of Employment.
- The Shift Supervisor must strictly adhere to the company Rules for Supervisors.
The Shift Supervisor is required to perform tasks critical to the Quality Assurance System and as such he/she shall be fully trained in such tasks and nominated as an approved Product Quality Inspector.
Such Critical Tasks include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Checking the documentation on incoming consignments is correct and that it corresponds to the transport/container concerned.
- Visual inspection and control checks on incoming material
- Sampling of aviation products.
- Maintaining records of stock/quality/equipment checks Shift Supervisor appropriate.
The Shift Supervisor shall support the Fuel Operations Manager to discharge their responsibilities with regards to ensuring the health safety and wellbeing of all staff, including third party contractors engaged in any engineering activities or non-routine activities which are on-going on the site.
This may include the Shift Supervisor becoming a Monitoring Authority in the Permit to Work system; and reporting any areas of concern and stopping unsafe acts or conditions which they become aware of.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Science preferred.
- Upper-Intermediate level of English (be capable to understand written and spoken English, also capable to write English)
- Skill in computer literacy-MS office
- Can communicate effectively, manage interfaces and work collaboratively with superiors, peers, operators, technicians, vendors, contractors, and all level of employees within direct organization.
- Knowledge in Aircraft Refueling Equipment’s operating philosophy
- Forward thinking, analytical and planning skills essential
- Aptitude to develop the departmental team, succession planning and re-engineer business processes as demanded by changes in the business
- Experience and Knowledge in Aircraft Refueling not less than five years.
- Aptitude to develop the departmental team, succession planning and re-engineer business processes as demanded by changes in the business.
- Resilient and flexible, well organized, independent and proactive
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.