MSELECT is looking to hire a Systems and Reporting Accountant for an international oil and gas operator in Erbil. Candidates must be a degree holder with minimum 5 years’ experience in accounting or finance, preferable in the oil and gas industry, Kurdish and English fluency is a must.
As a member of the finance team, provides critical support in implementation of the new, ERP system and develop related financial processes.
Responsible for providing ongoing technical and financial support in the management of ERP System, developing financial reporting, ensuring accuracy of various reporting by maintaining and updating the systems data, whilst investigating and resolving systems and process issues.
A key contributor in the overall delivery of Annual Budgeting and Revised budgeting/reforecasting in-line with corporate timetable.
- Provides critical support in implementation of the new ERP system.
- Required to work closely across all organization’s departments in providing reporting support on all aspects of management accounting including the creation and improvement of dashboards and other reports that reflect timely and accurate reporting.
- Act as a critical support to the Accounting team in the in the successful delivery of the Annual Budgeting and Revised Budgeting/Reforecasting end to end process in-line with Corporate Timetable.
- Will be instrumental in developing meaningful reporting for presentation and engagement with Head of Departments/Budget Holders on budgetary performance via producing monthly budget performance packs, quarterly reforecasts, trend analysis, dashboards with early warnings against the set budgetary KPIs.
- Develop required processes and templates to facilitate monthly reconciliations ensuring all reconciliation items are investigated and cleared in a timely fashion.
- Provide technical support in maintaining and updating the ERP/Financial systems data.
- Undertake routine testing and system checks to ensure smooth functioning and data integrity of the system. Identify risks and issues and undertake timely corrective measures.
- Ensure CoA and general ledger is processing accurately and efficiently to enable best practice month and year end close.
- Required to develop reporting tools and knowledgeable in the P2P process.
- Provide support in developing reports and spreadsheets, dealing with queries and improving system controls.
- Provide necessary support in coordinating and completing Audit requests, including maintaining information requests (IR) log for information supplied to the Auditors.
- Develop and update relevant finance policies, processes and procedures, guidelines and work instructions on ERP/Financial System.
- Train and develop team members to improve their performance in utilizing the system to perform effective analysis and reporting.
- Perform back up function for other colleagues, undertaking other duties as required, including undertaking job rotation to other functions as and when required.
- A degree holder with minimum 5 years’ experience in Accounting or Finance, preferable in the Oil and Gas industry.
- Strong experience in Finance Systems and Processes.
- Must have a natural ability with systems, enjoying the IT aspects and coming up with solutions.
- Work with minimal supervision with the ability to work well under pressure, with a robust and resilient attitude to deal effectively with work demands.
- Intermediate to advance computer skills on MS Office suite of products and accounting software.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- A committed, keen, and hardworking attitude, able to organize oneself and deliver results.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.