MSELECT is hiring a Vendor Database Officer for an international oil and gas operator in Basra. Candidates must have a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience and be fluent in English.
- Contracts Compliance Section Head
- Contracts Compliance
To provide support to Officers in Charge to invite vendors to participate in Company’s competitive exercises in compliance with Company Policies and Procedures.
- Functions as information centralizer for CPL tendering function email inbox, control, monitor and archive outgoing and incoming tendering information and keep tendering information confidential.
- Responsible to keep and maintain record of Company Approved Bidders List.
- Manage the process of adding new suppliers to the Company Approved Bidders List. Shall maintain a criterion to evaluate and asses each supplier request to be added to Company bidders list, this shall be developed in cooperation with CPL, Finance, HSE and User Department
- Keep record and process BOC letters related to adding or blacklisting vendors.
- Monitor the performance of vendors in Company Approved Bidders List to measure the performance and reliability of vendors in each category.
- Shall recommend vendors to participate in each tender / quotation based on Company Approved Bidders List.
- Assists in the corporate compliance process and ensures high quality audits are accurately conducted and timely reports are prepared and submitted.
- Reads and interprets regulatory requirements, contracts / POs, and corporate policies.
- Prepare weekly, biweekly, monthly or periodical reports to management with the added and blacklisted vendors.
- Update the tendering status as per request of manager.
- Conduct Internal audit on the signed PO/Contract according to CPL internal auditing plan.
- Maintain a record of the documentation of adding or blacklisting vendors to / from Company Approved Vendor List with the necessary approvals.
- Archive all original hard copies of tendering documents and bid proposal from bidders.
Policies, Systems, Processes and Procedures
- Contribute to the identification of opportunities for the continuous improvement of systems, processes and practices to increase productivity and operational efficiency.
- Implement all relevant policies, processes, procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
Health, Security, Safety and Environment
- Follow all relevant company’s health, security, safety and environmental policies, processes, procedures and instructions to ensure Health and Safety compliance in all aspects of work by applying them on self, others and corporate assets.
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- CPL team
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- BSc. Degree in Accounting, Business, Management, or Law.
- 2-5 years of relevant job experience within the oil & gas industry.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Business communication skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Ability to read and interpret policies and procedures documents
- Proven experience with Oil and Gas industry.
- Organizational awareness
- Information seeking
- Teamwork and cooperation
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process