MSELECT is looking for a Well Integrity Senior Engineer for a major global oil and gas client in Basrah, 5-8 years of work in oil and detailed knowledge & experience of well integrity operations, well services and completion, the candidate must be fluent in Arabic and English.
The Well Integrity Senior Engineer reports to the Well Integrity Engineering Team Lead. The position is responsible to manage the well integrity across the well stock in accordance with the Well Integrity Management System. The position requires interaction with other departments including operations, HSE, Work-Over / Well Services / Drilling and the sub-surface team. Mentoring aspects of the position includes coaching of local well integrity engineers, trainees and contractor field personnel. The position is responsible for helping to implement engineering standardization, quality, well integrity, and bench marking after action reviews/lessons learned and continuous improvement.
- Implement the company Well Integrity Management Standard (WIMS) and other associated standards and procedures.
- To write SoRs, review call-offs, job programs and work instructions and give operational support during routines maintenance and interventions.
- To work within the Wells department to ensure safe and efficient well integrity activities.
- Work closely and provide guidance to the Well Integrity Engineers by reviewing and QA/QC of well data ad reports prior to inputting data into the well integrity database.
- Responsible for providing technical support during technical reviews and dispensation reviews for any wells that fall out with company policy.
- Provide Technical support for the Well Services Engineers, Wellhead Co-ordinator, Drilling, Workover and Production Engineers for all Well Integrity Issues.
- Maintain well integrity database (ITS), attend meetings as required.
- Review of all well annuli pressure data, corrosion and cement bond logs, MAASP's, etc.
- Technical review of historical data for the well relating to the drilling and completion phase to identify any potential failure points.
- Inform relevant parties of any Well Integrity issues that arise or any change in conditions that affect the condition of the well.
- Ensure all parts of the well operating envelope are maintained as per the company's Well Integrity Management System, (WIMS).
- Ensure application of international standards (API, ISO) and best practice as appropriate.
- Ensure contractor assurance to international standards by being part of audit teams.
- Demonstrate personal commitment to the HSE Policy.
- Maintain awareness of and ensure compliance with all relevant Statutory and Company HSE standards.
- Actively participate in Company safety awareness and initiative schemes.
- Demonstrate Safety Leadership during site visits.
- Detailed knowledge & experience of well integrity operations, well services and completion
- Strong team player and ability in a similar leadership role.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Educated to at least first-degree level in an engineering or related discipline.
- Well Control (IWCF or IADC) certified or equivalent.
- Experience working in a multicultural environment is essential.
- Manage effectively, motivate and train young/new engineers.
- Sound commitment to the HSE Policy
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.