MSELECT is hiring a Well Testing Engineer or an international oil and gas operator in Duhok. Candidates must have a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience and must be fluent in English and Kurdish, the role is on rotation basis 28/28.
Ensuring a cost-effective and safe process of Well testing operation on exploration and special wells on the Company's assets in accordance with the adopted strategy, plans, economic targets, the agreed budget of the Company, as well as applicable rules and regulations in the wells design and construction.
Short and medium term work planning, adjustment of Well testing operations schedules, operational control and supervising over the mobilization / demobilization of service contractors and their work.
Well testing operations designs, analysis of key reservoir and technological parameters, in order to identify key risks and develop a plan for its mitigation to conduct environmental impact less operations.
Assistance to Stimulation and pumping operations design, analysis of key reservoir and technological parameters in order to identify key risks and develop a plan for its mitigation.
Preparation of documents for technical audits and reviews: Peer assist, Peer review, Technical review, etc.
Implement best practices and technology in Well Testing Engineering and Delivery process.
Prepare offset well review for evaluation, lesson learn and action plan.
Ensuring timely conduct of the necessary engineering research for the purposes of designing, efficient wells operations and completion in specified geological conditions.
Development well testing programs on production, new drilled and temporary abandoned wells (including vertical, deviated, with horizontal completion, ERD wells), workover and rigless operations.
- Assist in preparation and justification of the budget and AFEs for well testing operation part of entire AFE for all Company exploration drilling, workover and rigless operations as part of the Company's business plan.
- Planning and preparation of technical documentation, Scope of Works for tendering, performing technical evaluation of tendering proposals for the Well Testing related services and equipment supply. Reviewing and validation tendering documentation commercial evaluations.
- Manage the mobilization and ensure that necessary materials and equipment for well testing operations are on-site to support the well drilling and intervention\workover operations.
- Monitoring and supervision of the well testing\ processes, analysis of daily reports / reports, preparation of weekly reports if required on the progress of wells operations.
- Stay on field during well testing operations.
- Day to day Contractors services management while operations.
- Close collaboration and Coordinate operations with Supervisor/Company Man during well operation operations and identify the area for improvement.
- Lead the collecting of the necessary materials for the examination of well testing, preparing responses to expert comments
- Preparation of hazards and complications elimination plans during well testing operations, approval of such plans internally and in with local authorities if required.
- Ensuring timely preparation and approval of documentation during well operations (act of well testing, stimulation, completion, plug of abandonment, protocols and etc.).
- Take part in the development of well testing, related procedures and manuals.
- Present, support and lead-by-example to show that safety is the number one priority, ensuring that all employees follow safe practices while working. Ensure Company's HSE and QAQC.
- Supervise and mentor Company well testing operations personnel.
- Research the market of modern well testing technologies. Evaluation of possibilities to implement such modern technologies for Company operations.
- Studies and complies with Company’s LND, implemented in the Entity, Entity’s LND, regulating the employee’s field of activities (within own competency), including those, requiring compliance with currency legislation.
Experience and qualification
- Minimum - Bachelor’s Degree in Petroleum Engineering Recommended - Master’s Degree in Petroleum Engineering
- At least 10 years of total Well Testing;
- At least 5 years in Well Testing and Completion engineer position in International Oil and Gas Operator Companies;
- Strong knowledge in Well Testing (Equipment Selection & Preparation accordant to reservoir conditions),
- Be familiar with Well production enhancement and production optimization, Completion Engineering (Open & Cased hole), well planning and Operations skills and competency;
- Familiar with Reservoir engineering and Production geology;
- Basic knowledge in cased hole wireline and production logging technique;
- Highly skilled in all technical disciplines pertaining to a well testing, artificial lift systems;
- Excellent knowledge of well control best practices;
- Excellent knowledge of pressure operations
- Excellent knowledge in Project’s QAQC;
- Practical experience in planning and organizing the entire complex of well services/operations (designing and operations planning, contracting, monitoring equipment manufacturing and preparation, control the mobilization / demobilization of project dedicated equipment)
- Proficient in leading, delegating, motivating and mentoring Company office and field personnel;
- Organization of Company department for all stages of project execution and supervision;
- Contractor’s personnel management;
- Knowledge of technical and technological process of well testing, completion (Open&cased hole) for exploration and production well including horizontal wells;
- Tendering technical documentation preparation for equipment and services procurement;
- Personnel management both internal and external competency;
- Well Testing Operations supervisory skills;
- Understanding and application of continuous improvement processes.
- Valid Well Control Certificate – supervisory level (IWCF or IADC);
- Valid H2S certificate;
- Strong Analytical/problem solving skills;
- Information analysis and presentation of information using modern technical means of communication and special software;
- Knowledge of industry regulated acts and standards related to drilling, completion and workover;
- Strong wells operations planning and designing experience is a must for both exploration and development wells
- Strong field operations experience as a Well Testing and completion engineer and/or supervisor
- Good experience in Landmark software or analog well design and engineering software.
- Strong well reporting software like Open Wells and Well View or analog.
- Proficiency in MS Office package (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, MS Project and etc.).
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process