Our client a major local construction company is currently looking to hire an Accounting and Finance Manager to Managing the company’s financial reporting and overseeing the daily book-keeping activities. The ideal candidate must have knowledge of GAAP or IFRS systems and will be based in their offices in Erbil.
- Managing company financial reporting (balance sheets and income statement) and overseeing the daily book-keeping activities. Reporting directly to company senior management.
- Responsible for presenting and reporting accurate historical financial information, on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Overseeing all purchasing and payroll activity for staff and participants reports all necessary increases and decreases in wages to company’s management.
- Overseeing the company financial tracking and recording software, i.e. Oracle ERP, or other relevant programs.
- Providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts.
- Directing and overseeing all aspects of the finance and accounting functions of the organization, including salaries, expenses, promotions, taxes.
- Providing executive management with advice on the financial implications of business activities and any associated risks.
- Providing recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities, playing a key role in company’s financial management in terms of cash allocation and expenditure planning and forecasting.
- Balancing and auditing all company finances, monitoring all cash balances, loans, and banking activities, in conjunction with company’s management
- Assisting in decisions regarding employment, performance appraisals, training and development, salary recommendations, promotions and transfers in conjunction with Director of Human Resources and company’s management.
- Addressing issues regarding liquidity and financial contingencies.
- Tracking all invoices and maintaining a comprehensive and organized record and filing system.
- Responsible for resolving all billing issues, acts as a liaison between business partners and company’s management regarding financial matters.
- Coordinating with all senior managements to ensure all imported and exported goods and services are paid.
- Takes on any other finance related assignment assigned by company’s management
- Preferably Master’s degree in Finance and Accounting.
- Profound knowledge of GAAP or IFRS or equivalent international accounting and finance standard.
- Minimum 6 years of active work experience in the field of finance.
- In-depth knowledge of local and international financial practices.
- Strong command in Kurdish and English is necessity, Arabic is a plus.