MSELECT is looking to hire an Accounting Manager with 5 years of experience for one of our international oil and gas companies in Kirkuk, Iraq. Fluency in Arabic and English is required.
- Set up the company accounts department: Tax expert/Finance management – bookkeeping/accounts/payable – receivables/reporting/Payroll Management/audit management/establish accounting systems & processes.
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts; preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
- Summarizes financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements.
- Produces payroll by initiating computer processing; printing checks, verifying finished product.
- Completes external audit by analysing and scheduling general ledger accounts; providing information for auditors.
- Avoids legal challenges by complying with legal requirements.
- Secures financial information by completing database backups.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Primary responsibility is to prepare financial statements and supporting schedules according to monthly close schedule.
- Facilitates and complete monthly close procedures.
- Analyses revenues, commissions and expenses to ensure they are recorded appropriately on a monthly basis.
- Prepares monthly account reconciliations.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Verifies, allocate, post and reconcile transactions.
- Produces error-free accounting reports and present their results.
- Analyses financial information and summaries financial status.
- Provides technical support and advice on management.
- Reviews and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures.
- Participates in financial standards setting and in forecast process.
- Provide input into department’s goal setting process.
- Prepares financial statements and produce budget according to schedule.
- Directs internal and external audits to ensure compliance.
- Plan, assign and review staff’s work.
- Supports month-end and year-end close process.
- Develops and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- University degree in Finance/Accounting or equivalent.
- 5-7 years of experience in accounting.
- Must be Iraqi National
- Oil & Gas background
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.