Finance Team Supervision and Development
· Responsible for the day-to-day supervision of local Finance Team and assisting with the delivery
of their delegated tasks.
· Responsible for coaching and mentoring staff to build their technical and professional capability in line with Ministry expectation and approved training plan.
· Supervision of month-end processes including accruals, recording of cash transactions,
reconciliations, and clearances.
· Ensure all accounting work complies with Corporate Financial Standards and Procedures, in addition to Ministry and audit requirements.
· Responsible for line financial control processes and assisting with coordinating Oil Search’s involvement/engagement in government and JV audit processes.
· Ensure finance structures and related allocation procedures for the Kurdistan office are
appropriate and working.
· Ownership of local office budgets and assist with preparation of Corporate, JV and Ministry budgets and presentation packs as required.
· Responsible for delivery of JV and Ministry monthly and quarterly expenditure reporting, Billing Statements and Cash Calls.
· Coordination of management reporting for local Management, including Security and
· Responsible for coordinating Accounts Payable function within Kurdistan, including approving invoice batches and Payment Reports.
· Responsible for achieving Corporate KPIs relating to Accounts Payable.
· Ensuring continuous improvement in the AP team in line with Corporate expectations.
· Building strong working relationships between AP team and Drilling/Development teams to ensure efficient processing of all payments.
· Responsible for control/management of cash expenditure maintaining records of approvals, disbursement and transport of cash.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
· 5+ years post graduate accounting experience, preferably including roles with a large listed resource company.
· Strong inter-personal and communication skills, including fluent English speaking/writing.
· Kurdish language skills essential, including writing. Arabic highly desirable.
· Experience in joint venture accounting, management reporting, upstream oil accounting
· Proven management and leadership skills.
· Organisational skills to meet deadlines and deliver accurate and relevant reporting, combined
with strong analytically skills to interpret and present financial information to non-financial users
· Ability to manage staff and priorities workload of diverse group of professionals and support
staff in a variety of Geographic locations
· Mentoring/coaching skills to enhance the performance and capabilities of financial accounting
· Commitment to process improvement and familiarity with ERP systems
· Business/commerce degree plus ACA/CPA qualification
· Ability to communicate, relate to and motivate people of differing ethnic, cultural and vocational
· Ability to demonstrate interest and commitment to resolving employees concerns.