MSELECT is urgently looking for an Accounts Payable Assistant for an oil and gas operator company in Erbil as temporary job for 3 months only.
Participate in the Accounts Payable function from invoice receipt to payment including the following tasks:
- Main Responsibilities
- Primary point of contact with vendors for invoice receipt, invoices tracking, verification of supporting documentation, and answering queries
- Maintain and update the invoice register
- Obtain invoice coding from internal departments
- Obtain required invoice approvals
- Accurately enter financial data relating to invoice detail in Oracle
- Scan and organize invoices in both hard and soft formats
- Investigates and resolves any issues relating to variances with vendors
- Other Responsibilities
- Responsible for ensuring that every cost recorded to the Joint Venture has proper backup and is filed / scanned for easy retrieval
- Responsible for establishing and implementing a system that works with all related stakeholders
- Assists the Petty Cash Accountant as required
- Provide administrative support to Finance group
- Additional ad hoc responsibilities as required
- Bachelor’s degree
- Bachelor’s degree in Business / Accounting is preferred.
- Minimum two years’ experience in accounting capacity.
- Proactive individual with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience within the Oil & Gas industry is preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) is preferred.
- Experience with online AP system (Oracle would be an asset).