MSELECT is looking for a Catering Manager for an international service client in Basrah, Minimum 4 to 5 years’ experience in similar role for an industrial catering organization, Fluency in English and Arabic is must.
Plan, organize and develop the food service, while meeting client expectations, food and hygiene standards and financial targets. Providing full administrative and general support.
- Applies and follows the contractual obligations, company’s policies and procedures
- Follows implements and maintains all ISO and HACCP standards and requirements
- Knowledge of food, food hygiene and food preparation including financial budgeting and stock taking skills
- Ability to work under pressure having the confidence to use the initiative to manage in a diverse environment with focus on client and customer services
- Develops and provides the necessary training, guidance and instruction of the senior staff to ensure the highest possible standards of safety and food service are maintained
- Ensures the efficient and effective delivery of catering operations and designated services, including the ability to build strong relationships with the client and staff
- Interacts with other department heads in planning and organizing the setting-up for specialty functions, banquets and outside events
- Develops and coordinates menus in consultation with the Head Chef taking into account the contract obligations and desired requirements from the client
- Coordinates with stores & purchasing to ensure that all purchases conform to food and beverage specifications and quality
- Incorporates and maintains quality control checks and audits of all food and beverage items maintaining financial and administrative records
- Directs weekly food and beverage department meetings
- Conducts daily inspections of the food and beverage departments including all internal and external stores
- Develops new ideas in conjunction with department heads which reduces cost and increases the productivity of the food and beverage operation
- Seeks and identifies opportunities and innovation for business growth and development with focus on latest trends and best practices
- Manages the health, hygiene, safety and security of the workplace
- Performs other duties as directed
- Bachelor’s Degree with a post graduate qualification in Food and Beverage Service Management or equivalent
- Minimum 4 to 5 years’ experience in similar role for an industrial catering organization within a 4 to 5 stars property
- Strong interpersonal skills, pleasing personality with a strong knowledge of food & beverage service and production
- Computer literate and fluent in English; Arabic is an added value
Must be mentally and physically fit and have the ability to work long periods. Should be energetic and enthusiastic and willing to work under pressure.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.