MSELECT is looking for Cement Plant Manager for an international testing & inspection services company. The chosen candidates will be based in Erbil, min 15 years’ of experience.
List of General Responsibilities:
- Manage the operations and maintenance staff to ensure timely production and distribution of products within quality standards, high uniformity, and optimum production costs.
- Responsible for the development and execution of annual operating plans.
- Oversees the development and supervises the execution of Capital Expenditure plans
- Reviews cost reports to locate excessive expenses and takes necessary corrective action.
- Prepare short and long range development plans
- Establish goals that reflect continuous improvement in plant operations
- Assure environmental compliance and clean plant operations
- Proactively manage health & safety of employees to continuously improve the company's health & safety performance
- Train and develop supervisors to provide management depth; provide motivation and career enhancement for all employees
- Review requests and make decisions regarding the purchase of new equipment and supplies
- Participate directly in labour relations, including grievance handling; member of the contract negotiating team
- Conduct performance evaluations and make recommendations for salary increases
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in cement industry is a must with a minimum of 15 years’ experience as plant manager
- Bachelor/Master degree in Mechanical / Industrial / Electrical Engineering
- Complete understanding of the cement manufacturing process
- Experience with the latest cement production technology
- Strong knowledge of modern maintenance technology and methods
- Demonstrated ability to optimize production costs
- Knowledge of the industry, marketing, customers and quality products
- Strong analytical and decision making skills
- Solid interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to lead others
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work as a member of a team to continuously improve plant operations
- Knowledge of union contracts and/or prior experience working in a union environment strongly preferred.
- Good understanding of safety and environmental regulations
Please note due to the high number of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.