MSELECT are looking for a Certified Accountant to work for an International Non-profit Organisation based in Sulaimaniya, working to support local media in Kurdistan, Iraq.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Accountant works out of Sulaimaniyah and reports to the Office Manager (OM). The Accountant Takes direct instructions from the OM & the Assistant Programme Manager based in HQ on administrative and financial issues.
The Accountant is responsible to support the overall organisations program in Iraq:
- Maintain financial and administrative reporting as instructed by OM and HQ.
- Secure timely and efficient renewal of contracts and resident permits for international staff in cooperation with the OM.
- Assist organisation partners in training and execution of IMS Financial/administrative rules and regulations.
- Support local management in any business related activity.
- Maintain excellent working relations with all stakeholders to the organisation.
- Prepare weekly & monthly financial reports for HQ.
- Support project staff in their assignments and where possible contribute to the capacity-building of staff.
- Follow organistaions Code of Conduct.
- Carry out other duties of temporary character within the organisation, when requested.
- Incumbent will take active part in workshops, trainings and meetings nationally and internationally when requested.
- Certification in Accounting.
- Proficient in Excel.
- English and Kurdish Language required written/spoken.