International Oil and Gas Company are looking for Communications Officer to be responsible for writing, editing and publishing information about the business to both external and internal audiences. He/she helps the communications Manager to create an effective communication environment to ensure that Rumaila’s vital messages get across to intended recipients. The Communications Officer also assists with administrative tasks including working closely with procurement on raising call-offs, and managing meeting logs. The communication officer will be reporting to the Communications Manager and based in Basra– South Rumaila HQ
1) Participates in developing and implementing internal communication strategies and work plans.
2) Work closely with Akhbar Al-Rumaila team through :
- Writing newspaper articles in good Arabic and English;
- Translating and editing of materials;
- Going out to the field to do interviews and cover news stories;
- Create and distribute posters, flyers, leaflets and booklets which serve as communication tools;
- Revise and edit written material and approve such before it goes to print;
3) Work closely with procurement to raise call-offs
4) Provide help and support in developing, managing and updating Rumaila website.
5) Manage a meeting log of external meetings Rumaila staff have.
6) Planning, development, execution of Communication projects as necessary
7) Providing high quality translation work products for use by C&EA team both for Communication and External Affairs requirements
8) Attend meetings on behalf of C&EA team
9) Represent Rumaila at external events, such as conferences, exhibitions and meetings
10) Manage relationships and interact with stakeholders as directed
11) Conduct research and write reports as necessary
12) Follow and monitor local media and highlight trends of concern.
Criteria & Qualifications:
- Communications officer must demonstrate strong writing and editing skills in both Arabic and English; understand and be fluent in the use of software applications, such as Word and PowerPoint; have the ability to multi-task and set priorities; manage time efficiently; prepare and manage project budgets; demonstrate strong teamwork skills; manage and work with internal and external business partners and vendors; maintain project calendar; and deliver communication within assigned deadlines.
- Strong capacities for analysis and information management as well as excellent communication skills are also required.
- Generally, a B.A. degree is required. The college degree can be in any discipline, but English is common. A high graduate degree is preferred.
- Prior experience in journalism is a plus.
- Prior experience serving in a communications role for a Western company is a plus.
- Minimum 3 years working in a multi-cultural environment