MSELECT is looking to hire a Senior Project Planning Engineer for one of the leading providers of solutions to the oil and gas and construction industries to be based in a field near Sulaimaniya.
The Senior Project Planning Engineer is reporting to the Project Services Lead.
- Developing and maintaining Project Execution Schedules including Level 1/2/3 schedules. Ensure alignment on project assumptions with cost engineering, cost estimation, risk management and project management.
- Implement Schedule requirements of Company into the planning and cascade these to the contractors accordingly.
- Identifying trends or potential slippages and report on these to the Project Engineers or the Project Services Lead.
- Producing regular reports on progress against schedule. Reporting schedule performance index (SPI).
- Deliver and maintain consistent and realistic plans and control structures for the project. Understand the list of plans required to execute the assigned project sub-elements and their interface to other sub-elements. Develop the activities, durations as per productivity norms, logic, resources and progress for the assigned project sub-elements, leading to the creation of the baseline schedule and its subsequent maintenance.
- Develop, implement and comply with the planning and progress monitoring procedures.
- Conduct the schedule monthly progress update, forecast, critical path and trend analyses for assigned elements, including any impact from interface areas. Implement and maintain the status reports. Provide regular and comprehensive schedule status reports to project engineers.
- Assess and incorporate the impact of approved changes and any deviations from the key project targets and milestones, including productivity monitoring and identification of alternate approaches to optimize the plan(s).
- Liaise with and challenge Project Engineering personnel to ensure proper understanding of the key schedule sensitivities and drivers. Ensure application of resource loading and levelling into the project schedules.
- Develop contract key dates, milestones and Project Hub plan dates that align with the overall project schedule. Ensure availability and levelling of resources through the project/portfolio.
- Participate in evaluating bid schedules and reviewing and assessing contractor plans to support contract award recommendations.
- Develop contract sections for planning and progress monitoring and reporting. Review, verify, assess contractors reported progress and ensure that this is reflected in the project schedule.
- Contribute to the translation of the project’s risk profile into the probabilistic risk model and understand the output, including the key risk drivers for the possible range of schedule completion dates. Track the criticality of the main paths to completion and float consumption.
- Provide input data for and participate in benchmarking activities.
- Contribute to close-out data to enable knowledge retention (lessons learned, project data compilation) at completion of work.
- Bachelor’s degree in preferably Engineering.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in Project Planning roles in Oil and Gas Industry. 4 years must be in Lead roles managing a team of planning engineers.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Project Planning in Oil and Gas related project delivery.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Oil and Gas Project Delivery as Umbrella Contract Senior Planning engineer.
- Hands on Work Experience in Primavera P6 Professional R8.2.
- Hands on Capability to execute Probabilistic Analysis of Project schedules using Premaster/Primavera Risk Analysis.
- Broad knowledge and experience of Project Planning, tools and practices.
- Good understanding on the application of parameters to carry out progress measurements in project schedules, schedule recovery plans, weightages allocations, s-curves developments, critical path identification and rebase lining requirements and implementations.
- Ability to work and manage in a multi-cultural environment with good understanding of planning parameters to be considered in Middle East.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.