Urgently looking for a Mechanical Engineer for an international oil operator in Kurdistan to start ASAP. An Engineer who Supports and backs up Project Engineers in the execution of the operation area of Plant Projects, including coordination, organization and documentation of materials and equipment issued in Kurdistan. A minimum of 5 years of experience is required. Details below:
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the administration of procured Balance of Plant materials and equipment.
- Interprets PFDs, P&IDs, Isometric Piping Drawings, and BOM lists, Equipment Data Sheets, Requisitions and Packing Lists.
- Required to identify incorrect or missing items.
- Unpacks and inspects received materials and records receipt condition. Immediately reports damaged materials and equipment to Project Engineers.
- Identifies, coordinates, organizes and documents materials and equipment to be issued to Mechanical and E/I Contractors.
- Moves materials and equipment for each of the seven (7) Balance of Plant Systems to their assigned storage containers.
- Inventories and updates in Microsoft Excel the contents of each storage container.
- Develops material and equipment release forms to be signed off by contractors to document what was issued and that it was in satisfactory condition.
- Schedules work to coincide with Mechanical and E/I Contractors fabrication and construction schedules.
- Issues materials and equipment to Contractors.
- Prepares requisitions for additional materials or resources required to maintain an organized warehousing of Balance of Plant materials and equipment.
- Directs roustabouts to assist in the warehousing of the project materials and equipment.
- BS in Engineering or Construction or equivalent international qualification in a related discipline degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience employed in the O&G industry, involved in the preparation of specifications/data sheets and procurement of the pipe, fittings, valves, instruments and equipment routinely used in crude production facilities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Fluent in Kurdish and English
- Organizational development and implementation
- Multi?Tasking capabilities
- Knowledge of quality standards and practices
- Constructability knowledge
- Knowledge of National and International Codes and Standards
- Knowledge of National and/or International Rules and Regulatory Requirements
- Problem Solving (Identify, Analyze, Research, Evaluate, Resolve)
- Labor supervision
This is a contract position for 6 months on a 5/2 schedule, the candidate can stay on site through the week or commute back home if living nearby the site.