MSELECT are urgently need to hire a Corporate Lawyer to work in Baghdad with one of the international industrial companies, minimum 4 years of experience are required plus fluent in English.
Protect the company's interests of business operations and developments in Iraq by ensuring compliance with laws and regulations and Company policies and procedures by all the company's entities of all business lines (cement and concrete) throughout the country.
- Legal opinions and inputs in business strategies and developments (appraise the company management on overall legal environment, requisite permits/authorizations and the company’s eligibility for the same and recommended actions to secure maximum benefits and protection available under the law.
- Corporate structuring and supporting joint venture agreements (supporting implementation of the efficient corporate structure and joint venture agreement, if applicable, protecting the interests and strategies of the company) supporting Iraq legal team.
- Legal due diligence and mergers and acquisitions (arrange legal due diligence and implement legal documentation (shares/assets purchase agreement, shareholders/joint venture agreement, transfer registration etc) in case the company wish to develop though mergers and acquisitions) Supporting Iraq legal team.
- Corporate governance (implement corporate governance best practices including the board/general meetings regularly providing information and documents in advance and as required by law and thereby help managing relationship with local partners, ensuring proper delegation of authorities to conduct transactions on behalf of the company) Supporting for all issues belonging to the company also cooperating Iraq legal team for other entities.
- Licenses, permits and authorizations (supporting in obtaining the required licenses, permits and authorizations for its businesses and developments and help the company (the concerned department) to obtain the same, maintain validity by timely renewal, if applicable, and complying with its terms and conditions)
- Protection of assets (fixed, current and IP rights). Help to implement such action to protect assets of the company including lands, equipment's and etc.
- Review of contracts (draft/review all contracts that the company is required to enter into for financing, purchasing, construction, selling, employment etc according to manager request. to ensure protection of the company’s interests, compliance with laws and company group policies and procedures and help the respective departments in negotiation of the legal terms, as necessary).
- Policies, procedures and best practices (help the respective departments of the company to adopt and implement all policies, procedure and best practices Group and in addition any other policies, procedures and best practices required to be implemented under the local laws and in view of the local business environment) Fully responsible for this task.
- Critical communications (review all critical communications from and to the company especially with the regulatory bodies and other external stakeholders).
- Disputes and litigations (manage all disputes and litigations to protect the interests of the company).
- Legal reporting (ensure all corporate information, significant commitments and off-balance sheet commitments are reported properly and on time in the legal reporting database (blue print) of the Group) For all group entities in Iraq.
- Involving in any fraud cases and leading investigation committee and reporting to the legal Manager.
- Drafting and preparing community contract and attending negotiations peoples to protect the interest of the company.
- Represent the company in front of the government and non-government department, whenever required.
- Prepare monthly activity report to legal manager.
- Draft and prepare official letter to communicate with government and non-government department.
- Minimum should have B.A in law and higher academic degree is encouraged.
- Perfect in Writing and speaking in both English and Arabic language
- Work under pressure with priorities and reschedules if necessary
- Be adaptable by responding positively to the changing circumstances
- Identify, analyse and resolve
- Present and share legal information clearly and precisely
- Be creative and innovative to offer solutions sharing options and alternatives
- Ask questions, research to understand the task, project, its impact on business
- Negotiate and mediate to help find best compromise between business needs and mandatory legal requirements
- Be resourceful to draw upon internal and external resources to offer solutions
- Communicate effectively (listen and ask questions, use emotional intelligence)
- Manage finance (budget; prepare and present financial statement as required)
- Practice continuous improvements by regularly reviewing documents and processes and based on external and internal feedback's
- Manage project by planning, delegating, monitoring and managing key milestone
- Manage resources
- Business knowledge
- Legal knowledge
- Financial knowledge