An international retail company is looking for a Country Manager with a minimum of 5 years of experience in a related field to lead and manage the business unit/area, to be based in Erbil. Fluency in English is required, Turkish is an advantage.
SALES AND CUSTOMER SERVICE
- Achieve budget levels as set by Head Office.
- Control and monitoring of store expenses and costs.
- Be an ambassador when dealing with flagship stores.
- Be commercially aware of immediate competition, new site opportunities and considering the impact upon the profitability of the company.
- Ensure the highest possible customer service and staff competence within this area to optimise sales performance, profitability and customer satisfaction.
- Ensure customer service is a key focus within their area. That all their customers are provided with a courteous, helpful service and assistance when advice is requested.
- Motivate and manage all members of the teams on their area to increase sales and ensure efficiency.
- Ensure the branch and staff complies with all the laws relating to selling as laid down by the company.
- Respond to customer, complaints and comments.
- Ensure wherever possible that the Company is promoted locally and that their Managers liaise with local schools, newspapers and the community in general.
- Make researches on investment conditions in the operating country. Manages expansion processes.
- Take active role in real estate selection process by proposing high value opportunities
- Perform the day-to-day management of the new store projects to ensure that new opening project objectives are achieved within time/cost/quality requirements
- Report project progress to the steering group to ensure the project’s overall direction and integrity
- Supervise all external vendors and suppliers in relation to the project
- Develop and maintain a store design and operational guidelines manual for global implementation and new store opening operational guide books
- Work within corporate strategies and policies and implements marketing strategies, guidelines processes, and procedures within the area of responsibility.
- Oversee market research and monitors competitor activity to identify opportunities and trends within existing and new market segments and to ensure that appropriate response strategies are formulated and communicated.
- Implement marketing plans for company’s products/brands, including pricing strategies, sales plans, and implementation of product strategies.
- Propos and follow up key performance indicators for implemented marketing strategies.
- Execute brand/product introductions, marketing campaigns, promotion activities, and advertising and assesses their success against the plan.
- Ensure connection between marketing and sales functions and supervises their joint work with distribution channels.
- Contribute to the development of new products and services by regional feedbacks.
- Monitor sales volume and contribution potential of all brands/products to ensure that marketing plans are soundly based and promotional funds are allocated accordingly.
- Monitor developments, report and recommend corrective action to marketing plans where necessary.
- Execute promotional activities for trade/retail in order to maintain margins and reinforce product/brand image.
- Serves as liaison with 3 Party agencies, news agencies, event organizers, etc. to ensure project goals
- Ensure that corporate identity is maintained by inspecting stores and the attainment of the expected company standards for visual merchandising and housekeeping
- Ensure that all promotions and cascades relating to promotions have been actioned within our stores to maximize sales potential.
- Ensure that staff appearance is of the highest level.
TEAM AND PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT
- Ensure company policies are adhered to at all times especially with regard to Health and Safety and all areas of Employment Law.
- Communicate to stores within area of responsibility all relevant information and updates so to ensure compliance with Head Office policies and procedures.
- Conduct regular management appraisals in order to mutually agree realistic and measurable goals for personal development.
- Liaise with Head Office Personnel Department when considering implementing disciplinary and grievance procedures so that all current Employment Law requirements are being followed at all times.
- Ensure that Store staffing levels/recruitment is kept within their agreed budget
- Ensure all members of Management are fully aware of their job responsibilities within the guidelines of their job description.
- Be responsible for general welfare and discipline of their management teams through liaison with the HR department.
- Ensure all legal employment notices are displayed and maintained on the notice board as directed by the company.
ADMINISTRATION AND SECUR?TY
- Ensure correct management of cash and payment systems in accordance with company policies whilst keeping staff and customer safety as the utmost priority.
- Advise stores on minimizing stock loss.
- Oversee stock-takes and audits, with particular emphasis on stores with high stock losses.
- Work with the Security Department, Centre Management and outside authorities (if applicable) to report and assist with internal investigations.
- Ensure all branches administrative returns go to Head Office and are auctioned according to current Head Office requirements.
- Ensure that inter branch transfer are processed correctly and at the correct time.
- Make the Regional Controller aware of particular issues and liaising with Head Office personnel as required.
- Ensure that the Company is protected against theft by ensuring till procedures are adhered to within their Area.
- Make sure all stores put to maximum use store security systems. Company policies with regard to bag checks, lockers and shoplifting procedures must be implemented.
- Ensure that their Management teams are aware of the necessary actions to be taken in the event of an emergency.
DISPLAY AND PRESENTATION
- Aid where necessary their Management teams to organise promotions, displays and events. Provide help and support whenever possible.
- Ensure that all stores on their Area comply with the branch layout as per guidelines.
- Check that appropriate action is taken in their stores if stock is received in poor condition.
- Carry out regular and thorough checks thus ensuring that all areas on and off the sales floor within their stores are cleaned regularly and that a high standard of hygiene is maintained.
- Ensure that all Stores within their Area are maintained in a safe condition and in line with the Health and Safety at Work Act and to refer any issues to your Regional Manager.
- Liaise with Regional Management regularly. Inform Regional manager of any actions/information which may benefit/effect the Company.
- Be aware of which personnel to contact at Head Office for information and advice.
- Update colleagues on company performance, new initiatives and other pertinent issues.
- Attend meetings as requested.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Be responsible for personal safety at work by observing company regulations.
- Ensure that actions do not endanger the safety of other members of staff or public Report potential hazards to Regional Manager immediately.
- 5-8 years of retail experience.
- Fluency in English and Turkish is an advantage.
- University degree in Sales Marketing or equivalent.
“Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process."