We are urgently looking for a Field Communication Officer with excellent communication skills and a minimum of 2 years of experience on behalf of an international, humanitarian, non-governmental organisation. Selected candidate will be responsible for supporting the organization’s operational communications in Iraq.
The FCO is responsible for supporting the organization’s operational communications in Iraq. In close coordination with the supervisor, aims to build visibility, acceptance and leverage inside the country and contributes to facilitating the distribution of communications material on the organization’s activities in Iraq nationally, regionally and internationally. Main tasks include media management, media alert, content production and content diffusion.
- Degree preferably in Journalism, Communications, Humanitarian Affairs, Political Sciences or related university degree.
- Flexibility to travel around MSF project sites in Iraq as required.
- Minimum two years prior working experience in the field of media / communications / public relation or related field.
- Video/TV experience (desired)
- Good network of local media contacts.
- Excellent written and spoken Kurdish (Sorani) and fluent English and Arabic.
- Prior experience with a humanitarian organization or non-government organization (desired)
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Planning and organisational skills
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment
- Pro-active attitude, open-mindedness
- Strong motivation for humanitarian action