MSELECT is looking to hire a Senior Retail Director with minimum of 10 years of experience for one of its retail clients to be based in Erbil, Iraq.
The Senior Retail Director will serve as the liaison between the store and the various brand international suppliers regarding all purchases, shipping, warranties, customer care, etc. The selected candidate will work with the Store Manager and Sales team to ensure consistent customer satisfaction and sales growth in the various locations. The selected candidate will also work with the affiliate company engineers and legal team to ensure the successful opening of all stores. This position requires full compliance to the company’s Code of Conduct.
- Create both short term and long term growth strategy for the store with execution plan
- Develop distribution network in the region
- Serve as the point of contact for all the store brands and store vendors
- Set financial objectives for individual stores and the business as a whole: annual budget, cost control, sales goals, profitability, etc.
- Conduct market research to identify current and future customer needs and trends.
- Inventory Management: Work with the store brands to ensure availability of merchandise to meet demand and oversee inventory control by Store Manager.
- Work with the brands to identify and authorize appropriate sales promotions.
- Ensure successful marketing of merchandise by analyzing sales and marketing trends and working with the affiliate company marketing team.
- Oversee individual store managers to make sure the store policies are adhered to, including: inventory management, cost control, customer service, promotions, store safety and security and HR.
- Maintain the reputation of the store name by complying with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge through educational workshops, professional publications, etc.
- Build professional network in local markets through community outreach, social networking and professional associations and organizations.
- Fluency in English, Kurdish and Arabic is a must.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Retail Management, Distribution and Sales Expansion is a must.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent is required.
- Marketing, Research and Business Development experience (required)
- Startup management experience (required)
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.