MSELECT is hiring a Digital Security Junior Analyst for a major global oil and gas client in Basrah with minimum of 1 year of experience same role with oil and gas, fluency in English and Arabic is a must.
The Digital Security Junior Analyst role is to provide operational
assistance, support of security services and work with various
implementation groups to deliver on ITC Digital Security objectives. The
role is responsible for monitoring and responding to security threats,
ensuring makes informed decisions about the responsible use of
technology, and providing technical knowledge and expertise related to
data security and protection.
The role requires an individual who is willing to work in a fast-changing
environment, works proactively and provides high levels support. The
position is based at HQ on a rotation basis, and reports to the Digital
Security Technical Lead
- Monitor and manage day-to-day IT security infrastructure.
- Process, analyze, and respond to staff-submitted security related emails.
- Support the team in monitoring and evaluation, including tracking, collating, and analyzing data on security incidents and other ongoing security projects
- .Monitor security alerts to identify and take corrective action or escalate to the incident response function as a part of the Incident Response team.
- Perform regular system and network audits and coordinate corrective actions to security posture.
- Coordinate with the Service Support and Server
- Operations teams to ensure that systems are properly patched and security baselines are applied correctly.
- Help & Participate in building & development security
- policies and best practices.
- Maintain security asset, tracking, and security hardware/software/accounts that are needed for security team operations.
- Organize and document security operations processes and procedures.
- University level education preferably in Engineering / IT or related discipline.
- Relevant experience of minimum one year
- Broad understanding of IT
- Ability to work within a multicultural environment
- Experience in a similar role
- Oil & Gas company experience
- Security process or governance certification.
- ITIL Foundations.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to work with staff at all levels in an organisation
- Proactive thinking – the ability to come up with options and solutions
- Good attention to detail
- Delivery focused
- Willing to challenge and be challenged
- Motivating, positive, energetic, helpful
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.