Drilling Cost Controller
|Job Title:||Drilling Cost Controller|
|Contact Name:||David Bernard|
|Job Published:||11 months ago|
BASIC PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
• The Drilling Cost Controller is a “skilled” position within the drilling department.
• The position is responsible for controlling and monitoring costs related to drilling projects.
• The position reports to drilling manager.
• The Field Logistics Lead technically reports to the Drilling Cost Controller but it’s not direct reporting. Drilling Engineer and Completions Engineers are peers in the company.
• Drilling Cost Controller is responsible for planning, development, tracking, analysis and reports on project costs / AFEs and checking and approval of invoices associated with the execution of well projects. Ensures operational and project expenditures are effectively managed, controlled and monitored.
To support the drilling team in both Erbil and the field.
• Support Drilling Manager and team on all financial aspects
• Responsible to contribute to the AFE submission process, manages well costs and prepares forecasts, checks and approves invoices, etc.
• Responsible to assist procurement and commercial part of supply activities required to support drilling & completion operations.
• Report on actual spend by contractor and supplier.
• Monitor spends by category and contractor versus budget.
• Prepare monthly / quarterly accruals for work performed versus invoices received.
• Provides and gives work direction to less experienced colleagues, etc. openly shares knowledge.
• Should be characterized by strong analytical skills, support minded, possess good teamwork capabilities as well as individual drive and known as having a lasting impact on their environment both on a personal as well as on an organizational level.
• Proficiency in written and spoken English is a prerequisite as well as advanced user of Microsoft Excel and functional knowledge of Oracle / Maximo or equivalent ERP system.
• Furthermore should be comfortable with meeting short deadlines and have the ability to timely deliver a quality product. Support to drilling team for daily well cost follow-up.
• Prepare a cost booklet with the drilling engineer (list of contracts related to the drilling campaign, details of the daily fixed well cost, details of all contracts).
• Organize regular cost review meetings with budget responsible to identify opportunities to improve budgetary control.
• Review and issue the monthly rig activity report to aid effective cost allocations between different operations.
• Follow up stock reconciliation between quantities issued to wells and quantities actually consumed and the consequent stock reintegration.
• Ensure monthly accruals are generated in the cost centers for services / services already performed but yet to be invoiced (following review with the operations manager to review the progress status of performed work).
• Follow-up service contract related to Drilling Rig & Associated Services.
• Make sure all the cost control processes are compliant with supply chain and financial procedures.
• Prepare monthly / quarterly cash call for drilling activities to enable call for funds from partners.
• Respond to queries raised by auditors (internal, partners etc.), internal control, vendors etc.
• Ensure the DOA within the package is in place.
The Drilling Cost Controller shall have the following professional and educational qualifications:
• Professional Diploma in SCM / Accounts / Finance.
• Bachelor degree / HND within Finance or Commerce and can document at least 5 years of experience within the Oil & Gas Drilling industry. Experience with accounts payable or supply chain management is desirable.
• Good understanding of drilling & completion operations.
• Desirable to have hands-on experience of drilling & completion operations.
• Solid understanding of the demand / supply chain process, accounting principles in oil & gas upstream industry.
• Ability to work well with others in a culturally diverse; multi-functional team environment. Able to interact effectively with peers; service and contractor representatives.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Good accounting knowledge (Cost Allocations / Accruals etc.)
• Thorough awareness of supply chain, finance and drilling operations.
•Previous drilling related work experience.
•Willing the work on rotation.
• Drilling engineer and Senior Drilling Engineer when in office.
• Drilling Supervisor when in the field.
• HSSE Representative.
• Drilling Manager.
• Drilling Contractor
• Service Companies