MSELECT is looking for a qualified Electrical/Instrumentation Engineer for an international oil and gas operator in Erbil, minimum 3-5 years’ experience as a practicing engineer or related technical, fluency in English and Kurdish is a must.
Provide maintenance support to operations by ensuring availability and reliability of
electrical equipment, instruments, and control system. Will also provide support to
engineering department for electrical, instrumentation, mechanical, and other areas as
needed. Provide expertise to improve reliability of electrical and instrumentation
equipment, maintainability of systems and develop processes to increase mean time
between failures in order to operate the facility at peak operating efficiency on a 24-hour
basis and reduce maintenance expenses.
- Provide leadership in safe implementation of work and perform activities with due diligence for safety.
- Work closely with operations to identify issues related to the electrical, instrument, and control system. Resolve operational issues expediently.
- Meet with operations daily and identify maintenance issues. Take corrective action.
- Plan and prioritize maintenance activities on a daily basis.
- Develop and maintain the preventative maintenance program for electrical equipment, instruments, and control system.
- Maintain accurate records of testing and inspection/checkout.
- Establish the basis to ascertain the reliability of equipment.
- Participate in the change management and HAZOP review for upgrade or modification.
- Review the modification/upgrade projects for technical compliance with the facility. Ensure all the relevant documents are revised and updated.
- Update instrument index and electrical equipment list to incorporate the added equipment.
- Supervise and coordinate the construction activities and start up and commissioning of projects.
- Identify and select local vendors and contractors.
- Implement corporate procedures and processes.
- Calibration and testing of instruments and analyzers.
- Set up contractors for construction and testing.
- Monitor contracts for cost and schedule compliance.
- Documentation and record keeping: Responsible for keeping up-to-date piping & instrument diagrams, electrical single line diagrams, instrument index, instrument looped diagrams, control system drawings, and control system narrative.
- Develop and manage a spare parts program.
- Review and audit departmental procedures and practices of performing periodic inspection of equipment and revise procedures to improve effectiveness of inspection process.
- Review all electrical and instrumentation equipment PM and inspection reports completed by maintenance personnel and third party inspectors. Interpret and provide recommendations of planned outages to correct potential failures.
- Review project books at the completion of new installation and provide recommendation on new inspection process. Include equipment on appropriate inspection process and schedule.
- Participates in weekly departmental planning and scheduling meeting. Provide schedule of "in service" inspection and "out of service" inspection of equipment.
- Develop inspection schedule of each piece and type of equipment in the facility and correspond each piece of equipment to an approved inspection procedure and method.
- With respect to electrical/instrumentation devices, develop, implement, and oversee annual maintenance program identifying equipment being PM and overhauled; scheduling meetings between all departments prior, during, and after, along with contractors; and delegating responsibility of person in charge of particular equipment outage.
- Participate in interdepartmental meetings regarding Process Hazard Analysis (PHA), Management of Change (MOC) process, and Route Cause Analysis (RCA) process.
- Participate in internal audits, regulatory audits, customer audits, and certification audits by meeting and reviewing inspection procedures and records with auditor, and correcting any deficiencies noted.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the equipment hierarchy and asset identification of field equipment, instrumentation, spare equipment inventory, critical equipment, and integrity equipment.
- Assist the Maintenance Supervisor when needed for related issues as needed.
- Ensure Piping & Instrument Drawings (P&ID) are updated on an annual basis.
- Cooperate with and support colleagues. Compliance with company policies, including the Code of Conduct, is mandatory.
- BS degree in Instrument/Electrical Engineering is preferred.
- At least (3-5) years’ experience as a practicing engineer or related technical experience.
- Experience in reliability practices, mechanical integrity and predictive/ preventative maintenance preferred.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, schematics, drawings and charts required
- Knowledge of DCS based control system and/or PLC with HMI based control system preferred.
- Boolean logic experience preferred.
- Hands-on experience installing, setting up, trouble-shooting instruments like Flow meters, Level and pressure transmitters, RTDs, KEP Controller, etc. preferred.
- Hands-on experience with motors, VFD and controls circuit preferred.
- Knowledge of Hazard Area Classifications required.
Tools and Equipment Utilized:
- Personal computers and Microsoft Office products.
- Instrument calibration equipment and HART communicator
- Industrial HMI and PLC programs
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.