Our client an international Oil and Gas Operator is currently looking to hire an Electrical Technician to carry out electrical preventive maintenance activities and troubleshooting of various types of electrical equipment installed at the company’s facilities. The ideal candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and minimum of 12 to16 years of hands on experience in electrical maintenance.
Purpose of Role:
Maintain PLC controlled system, electrical power system, distribution system, low voltage switchgear, medium voltage switchgear, high voltage motors, distribution transformers, MCC, DC power supply, VFD drive panel, uninterrupted power systems, diesel generating systems, compressors drive units and N2 generation system and fire fighting system with in oil and gas facility related to oil production and transportation. This includes regular monitoring and rectification of defective equipment, disassembly, repair and reassembly of equipment and assisting in the installation and testing of new machinery independently or under instructions, the complete or partial overhaul of plant equipment.
- Ensure the duties of their position are performed in a safe, efficient and effective manner.
- Performs preventive/predictive maintenance procedures on equipment, performs inspections required by company.
- Maximize the reliability and availability of plant equipment at all times.
- Carry out routine maintenance on rotating electrical equipment, carries out visual checks of motor control units, power cables, cable gland, and electrical heat tracing equipment.
- Disassemble electrical equipment, replaces parts as directed, and cleans equipment.
- Ensure integrity of connections joints by using proper electrical instruments as required such as electrical insulation resistance, electrical megger.
- Carry out replacement of bearings as necessary on electrical equipment, varnishes electrical windings, measures necessary electrical parameters and overhauls motors as and when required.
- Carry out routine preventive maintenance of machinery according to schedules, check lists and specific equipment requirements. This includes checking control and power terminations, grounding of electrical installation, of equipment such as synchronizing panels, generators, motors, motor control centres and electrical soft starters.
- Assist in planning annual shutdown and major equipment turnarounds and carries out complete overhaul rotating equipment.
- Reassemble and tests equipment in accordance with requirements or tests schedules.
- Assist in inspection of equipment for its healthiness.
- Strict adherence to plant safety protocols, permit to work system (PTW) and good housekeeping requirements.
- Require to perform job as required by wearing safety body harness and SCBA (self-contained breathing apparatus).
- Perform continuous improvement: improve reliability of equipment/Process, improve safety, improve maintainability, and reduce cost, active participation in major development projects.
- Maintain /update the job completion records.
- Perform technical investigation and root cause analysis.
- Interact closely with all other members of the maintenance team and ensure smooth operation.
- Ensure the KPI of the maintenance team is achieved.
- Responsible for the support of company safety, environment and quality policies and programs, and carrying out specific duties and responsibilities related to his job as spelled out in management system documentation, policies, procedures, local documentation, management system manual, safety manual and other related documents.
- Requires basic understanding of cable schedules, electrical drawings circuits/drawings/prints.
- Adhere to the work management process of company’s procedures.
Key working relations:
- Maintenance Supervisor and Production Supervisor.
- Production team and other departments.
- Equipment manufacturers and vendors.
- Service company representatives.
- Good command of English, excellent Kurdish and Arabic.
- Able to interact with personnel and maintain effective relations in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment.
- Conduct one-self in a professional manner.
- Record anomalies in log book and equipment history file.
Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum experience of 12 to 16 years hands on experience in electrical maintenance of rotary equipment in oil/gas petrochemical industry, electrical power plant which includes – preventive, corrective and shutdown maintenance of following equipment: generators, fire water pumps, electrical motors of low and medium voltage. HVAC equipment.
- Knowledge/ hand on experience of variable frequency drive units EXP starting system.
- Able to communicate with production operators to determine equipment faults.
- Experience testing electric motors, associated cables for defects and repair electrical devices.
- Work to a recognised standard.
Hand on experience required on the following equipment:
- Air compressors package – Boge, Ingersoll Rand and CompAir.
- N2 Generator/Production Units- Sinergia and Generon.
- Electrical Motors - ABB Motors, English electric, US Electric.
- Generator Sets – Cummins, Perkins, Doosan, Caterpillar and Volvo.
- Controls – PLC System, ABB Generator Controls, and Emerson VFD Controls and HMI interface settings.
- RO and utility water systems.
- Pumps – Flowserv, Lowara, Goulds.
- Fire fighting system – Clarke pumping controls/John Deere.
- Steam Boiler/ Heat Exchanger.
- Static equipment like vessels, tanks, coolers.