MSELECT is looking to hire an Elementary School Teacher for an international academy in Basrah, 2-3 years of experience in similar role is requested, fluency in English is a must.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- To teach the classes specified annually and be responsible for the academic progress of students within the classes and for the academic mentoring and welfare of students in a form group when appropriate.
- Teaches elementary school students academic, social, and motor skills.
- Papering and planning subject materials for daily lesson.
- Teaching students systemically, using discussion, audiovisual and computers presentation and filed trips.
- Preparing, administering, Assigning, correcting and grading homework tests and records results.
- Observing and evaluating a student progress, performance and potential and meeting with parents and other school staff to discuss the observations.
- Prepares course objectives and outline for course of study following curriculum guidelines or requirements of the school.
- Lectures, demonstrates, and uses audiovisual teaching aids to present subject matter to class.
- Assigns lessons, corrects papers, and hears oral presentations.
- Teaches rules of conduct.
- Maintains order in classroom and on playground.
- Counsels students when adjustment and academic problems arise.
- Discusses students' academic and behavioral attitudes and achievements with parents.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities – Cont.:
- Keeps attendance and grade records as required by school.
- Coordinates class field trips.
- Participate in school staff meetings, educational conference and teachers training workshop.
- Promote excellence in teaching and learning
- Plan and prepare lessons in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Teach timetabled lessons as determined.
- Set and mark homework in accordance with school and Subject policies.
- Assess students’ work in line with school/Subject policies.
- Report to parents in reports, at Parents’ Evenings and on request.
- Cover classes for absent colleagues as required.
- Take part in curriculum and other meetings as required.
- Assist in ensuring good behavior and discipline out of class.
- Undertake statutory duties as periodically announced.
- Assist in activities designed to promote the school and its reputation.
- Assist in planning developments at school, curriculum team and pastoral team level, which may include periodic membership of a school development group.
- Take part in training programmes designed to address individual, team or school development needs.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Should be fluent in English.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to evaluate, design, and implement curriculum, testing, and/or teaching methodologies.
- Ability to plan and implement promotional programs.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Ability to develop and present educational programs and/or workshops.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Education is required.
- Courses in Child Development, Physiology or Family Sociology.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.