Overview of role
To assist in the achievement of the Engineering Department’s objectives by engineering products, components or systems to meet customer requirements within contract costs or development budgets, timescales and appropriate quality standards. Work includes giving technical support, e.g. answering queries, failure investigations, problem solving.
- Assess contract/project requirements, relevant design conditions and identify limitations and propose improvements.
- Gain design approvals from the MOE (Iraq)
- Collect and process data required for design work.
- Prepare models, drawings, bills of material and other specifications.
- Liaise with other Engineering Departments to correctly engineer the interfaces.
- Develop solutions for design, manufacture and operating issues.
- Transfer of relevant technical data to design sheet/technical report/technical documentation and issue to all relevant groups including draughts persons.
- Selection of appropriate material from those available and advise on applications.
- Complete design calculations.
- Ensure that the component/system is feasible, practical and cost effective.
- Prepare and issue approved technical information in the appropriate system.
- Compare with previous designs, advise on appropriate references or initiate new design.
- Creation and modification of complex specifications and technical documentation.
- Check all personal work before submitting for approval.
- Check and approve models, drawings and BOM’s within their area of competence.
- Provide task based man hour estimates and durations to support planning processes and provide feedback to Project Manager regarding project progress issues.
- Priorities and schedule own work and that of a small team, and escalate conflicts and delays in a timely manner.
- Provide input for the Engineering reporting process and Identify technical, quality, schedule and budget risks and escalate to section manager or nominee with potential mitigation strategies or solutions.
- Interface with others to ensure the “design intent” is carried through to completion and participate in the development of rules and tools.
- Give technical support and give presentations within Siemens, to customers, industry events, or a partner company as required with the support of the section manager or their nominee.
- Abide by and comply with the Company Code of Ethics and Business Conduct Guidelines and Confidential information
- Ensure at all times that assigned tasks are operated in line with the QA process and procedures, statutory, regulatory and EHS requirements.
- Knowledge acquired in 5-10 years in erection / engineering / commissioning activity with varying duties/functions (substation experience preferred)
- Electrical Engineering Degree.
- Understand and support project and quality management processes in turn-key projects.
- Definition of work packages for project team members.
- Capable of leading and working in a multi-national and multi-cultural team
- Team Player
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Result driven
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.