Mselect are recruiting for an international educational institute, which is looking for an English Teacher to be based in Erbil, Kurdistan.
The Employee is responsible for providing an educational atmosphere where students have the opportunity to fulfil their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, spiritual and psychological growth. The Employee is responsible for organizing and implementing an instructional program that will result in students achieving academic success in accordance with the school acadmic policies and standards.
- Implements instructional activities that contribute to a climate where students are actively engaged in meaningful learning experiences.
- Following the subject pacing chart without fail. If issues arise they must be communicated to the Coordinator/Academic Coordinator immediately.
- Creates an English speaking learning environment. In addition to training, responsible for improving Employee’s own English skills particularly pronunciation and white board skills (spelling, capital use, punctuation, grammar etc…..)
- Identifies students’ learning challenges, records them and communicates them weekly or as needed to the Coordinator / Academic Coordinator and is involved in discussing solutions for individual students. Assist in assessing changing curricular needs and offers suggestions for improvement.
- Maintains effective and efficient record keeping procedures.
- Provides a positive environment in which students are encouraged to be actively engaged in the learning process.
- Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing, with students, and other professionals on a regular basis.
- Collaborates with peers to enhance the instructional environment. Models professional and ethical standards when dealing with students, parents, peers, and community.
- Ensures that student growth and achievement is continuous and appropriate for age group, subject area, and/or program classification.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships with students and school as measured by surveys the school will participate in.
- Assumes responsibility for meeting his/her course and school-wide student performance goals.
- Demonstrates gains in student performance.
- Participates in training, workshops and presentations about teaching methods.
- Meets professional obligations through efficient work habits such as: meeting deadlines, honouring schedules, subject planning.
- Participates in teacher supervisory duty as assigned by Administration (Break, Lunch, bus, after school, school event, and field trip supervisory duty).
- The Employee must not at any time resort to the use of corporal punishment, bad language, or address students in a manner which is insulting.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Administration.
- Flexibility is essential as the list of tasks may not be exhaustive.
Minimum Bachelor degree
IELTS / TOEFL Certification
5 years teaching experience
Skills and Attributes
- Ability to self-motivate and meet deadlines
- Excellent English communication skills
- Good analytical abilities
- Reasonable computer skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Time Management Skills
- Classroom Management
- Excellent presentation skills
- Social Perceptiveness
- Active Listening
- Hard working
- Team player