MSELECT is looking to hire a Facilities and Infrastructure Engineer for an international oil operator. Minimum of 8 years of experience within oil and gas plant/facilities. Must speak Kurdish and English, Arabic is considered a plus.
- Prepare project scope, AFE cost estimates, project schedules, job binders and monitoring costs during execution, start-up / commissioning.
- Coordinate construction activities to meet the requirements of all applicable codes, standards and regulations
- Provide technical support for troubleshooting and optimization of facilities and equipment
- Participate in PHA/HAZOP, P&ID, PSSR, technical review for major capital projects
- Provide technical support for day to day operations
- Provide support to other project engineers for the completion of high priority projects
- Interface with pipeline operations and maintenance personnel to ensure cost effective solutions
- Provide input into engineering specifications, standards, and procedures related to mechanical equipment and piping. Design of new facilities including pipelines, compressor stations, pumping stations, and oil/water/gas separation, conditioning and processing facilities.
- Execution of facility projects including design, contracting, procurement, quality control, construction management and turnover to operations
- Project planning and management for safe execution of projects with predictable cost, schedule and performance.
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and refurbish existing surface infrastructure elements for optimum utilization.
- Design and develop cost estimates for field development projects.
- Benchmark and reduce costs for facilities and improve on cycle-time.
- Identify, gather and implement best practices for asset plays from industry, suppliers, contractors and other Chevron operations.
- Ensure that appropriate codes and standards are utilized in the design.
- Participate in Risk assessments, HAZOPS and other HES studies and ensure mitigations are in place
- Apply appropriate engineering principles, best practice and know-how in the provision of engineering services and professional advice
- Identify technical problems, evaluate options and formulate solutions to achieve satisfactory conclusions
- Provide an engineering interface with operations, service providers, design authorities, project personnel and other stakeholders in the development and execution of engineering activities
- Liaise with peers and stakeholders such as subject specialists, other disciplines etc. to deliver an integrated and correct solution
- Ensure understanding, application and leadership by example of all responsibilities with regard to the Company’s Environment, Health, Safety, Security and Quality Standards
- Ensure that safety risks and business risks associated with engineering activities are assessed and that appropriate checks, controls and precautions are taken
- Review as required: engineering, methods, defects, maintenance faults, non-conformances and problem areas. Use evidence from the reviews to improve effectiveness, reliability, maintainability and economy, leading to continuous improvement
- To deliver the above, the role holder will input and/or manage the input of others across the whole equipment/plant/engineering lifecycle including design, installation, troubleshooting, technical investigation, commissioning and handover
- The role holder is accountable for delivery in accordance with agreed plans and to the quality required
- There will be a requirement to provide Leadership / Management / Supervision / Oversight of engineering activities on a number of different assets at different times in their life-span, e.g. late-life, decommissioning, full production.
- All will require a different technical and commercial evaluation
Financial Accountability and Dimensions
- Similar to other engineers in the Operations Support team
- Management Relationships (include direct / indirect reports, external parties)
- As a member of a service delivery function the role requires reporting progress to the Asset Manager, and Project/Line Manager to inspire and maintain their confidence
- Preferred: Degree and relevant experience
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience
- Candidate Profile (include Skills & Experience, Attributes, Behaviors)
- A working knowledge of the engineering activities associated with operating and maintaining oil and gas plant/facilities.
- Knowledge of engineering principles and best practices – e.g. the standards and legislation pertinent to the activity/discipline being undertaken.
- Knowledge of Safety Management Systems (if possible relating to an oil and gas facility).
- Knowledge of managing work activities through a Safe System of Work (SSoW).
- Appreciation of general maintenance activities and techniques.
- Knowledge of diagnostic and trouble-shooting methods and techniques such as root cause analysis on process plant and utility services.
- General knowledge of The Health & Safety at Work Regulations, CDM and other regulatory requirements associated with the role.
- Knowledge and experience of tools and techniques for maintaining an environment where all understand, and are committed to, providing excellent service to internal and external customers
- Able to make logical, systematic and rational judgments based on relevant information to secure best solutions, knowing when to escalate issues to line management.
- Capable of maintaining a high degree of effectiveness in a multi task role, managing priorities and delivering to challenging timescales.
- Able to work effectively as part of a team.
- Computer literate, with an appreciation of any specialist packages related to the specific role/discipline – e.g. CAD, AUTOCAD, etc.
- Removes barriers and resistance to progress through listening, engaging with others and taking action.
- Effectively implements changes and monitors as required.
- Establishes, manages and maintains effective and respectful working relationships with individuals and groups in a diverse constructive and collaborative manner.
- Intervenes proactively to support, manage or lead colleagues through problems.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.